Tips for 2006 HSC Class (1 Viewer)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
^ Tabris who r u...u seem to go to my school...but i am class of 05 East Hills boys

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
There is no advice that one can give to the previous year.. other than "use your own intuition", because what might suite someone, might not suite another.
That is so true...

But heres what ive learned.

Dont ever be afraid of trying, and dont be afraid of others knowing that your trying...
nothing annoys me more than the 'i would have done better if i'd studied' attitude becasue it is insulting to the people that really tried, its like saying that your still better than them even thought your marks dont reflect that...

im not ashamed to say that i worked hard all year. ill be content that the mark i get is reflective of the very best i can do. im not saying to lock yourself away but dont be ashamed of the work you put in, instead be proud, but not the the point of bignoting yourself to others... theres a line. dont cross it

its going to be frustrating reading o5'ers posts saying 'i could have done better...' as they try to discount others good results. Dont be lazy because people can tell and lazy attitudes come across as arrogant. Dont be the one left to make excuses, excuses are just a vice of lazy people who arent up to scratch...

haha im finished now. i feel better but im still sick of hearing people blame their poor results on not studying... its their own choice. Dont be that person is the best advice i can give you. Goodluck

Last edited:

Snow_dog

HSC
dont regret anything.. is what ive learnt, if u dont try, then dont regret it there will always be a path to follow, sure u might not get into uni but there are other choices, dont beat urself up if u dotn get as good as u would like.

but with saying that i believe that u should do the best u can, dont waste two years and then get to the hsc and relise u havnt learnt anything, pay attention to what ur teachers have to say, u have to be at school u may aswell listen and learn, there is tiem to go have fun later.

but on the toher hand dont spend ur 2 years locked up in ur room studying hard, spend soem time out and have some fun, the hsc doenst have to be all work and no play.

like others have said make notes throughout the year they will be sooo helpful, thats a a mistake i made i didnt make notes and by the time the hsc came there was soo much to study, and look over i didnt have enough time.

good luck yr 12 2006!

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
all these HSC threads are making me feel that we're getting old >.<

stu_jacks88

Hey, anyone that reads this, just make sure that your ready for your trials, i actually found i was more stressed for these exams than the HSC because i was totally underprepared. Start preparing at least 4 - 6 weeks in advance for your trials, not 2.

Also:

- Make notes according to the syllibus; for some subjects like Industrial Technology this may be harder because the syllibus is retarded, but for most subjects it works.

- Organise all your notes and handouts, papers into their own folder/s; one folder a subject, much easier to find your notes and shit when your looking for them.

- Some of the Guide Books which you can buy can help, I reccomend the Maquarie Guides and Excel 'Revise HSC in a Month' series (<-------retarded title but they work, DONT JUST USE THEM THE MONTH BEFORE, use them over and over) as well as (for math) the Past Ten HSC Examination's book (some schools provide it to you for less money)

- Study over a long period, about 1-2 hours a day in the first term, 2-3 in the second, and after that then start doin a shitload more for both the trials and HSC. (i did from 5-8 hours a day).

- I advise you to cram as well. Study the night before and in the morning. I advise studying until about 9-10pm, going to sleep, and then waking up at 6am to do more study for that day's test. It does fricken help.

sam_account

HSC
the key to hsc success is CONSISTENCY, u gotta keep studying thruout the yr, u can't just cram the wholecourse in a few weeks. i would recommend this:

TERM1 and 2
4-5hrs+ on weekdays (but take a break as well, say fri)
6-7hrs + on weekends

TERM 3,4,break period after trials and before hsc:

5-6hrs+ on weekdays
8-10hrs + on weekends

i reckon this should give one a very good chance at getting more than 95 uai.
Also, u shud pay attention in class, don't think ur teachers are dumb, i can understand sum maybe but most are probably pretty decent.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
sam_account said:
the key to hsc success is CONSISTENCY, u gotta keep studying thruout the yr, u can't just cram the wholecourse in a few weeks. i would recommend this:

TERM1 and 2
6-7hrs + on weekends

5-6hrs+ on weekdays
8-10hrs + on weekends

Also, u shud pay attention in class, don't think ur teachers are dumb, i can understand sum maybe but most are probably pretty decent.
Man, we'd all love to get a very high uai but it's alot of hard work throughout the year, I think i can do it, but i need to continue motivating myself, 4-5 hours is heaps on a school day, but i think i can manage that with taking breaks.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
Work for two years.. play for the rest of your life.
or
Play for two years.. work the rest of your life

Which one? You choose ;)
Very Good Advice

HSC
sam_account said:

TERM1 and 2
6-7hrs + on weekends

5-6hrs+ on weekdays
8-10hrs + on weekends

Umm.. Ok.. Now back to the REAL world..........

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Some people benefit from cramming, some people don't. ^.^

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Different people study with different methods so not everyone does the same thing. What works for one person may not work for another person.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
oh gawd, this thread is reminding me of the study i should be doing which i am not. *runs far far away from bos to avoid it's tempting pull*

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Dimsimmer said:
Different people study with different methods so not everyone does the same thing. What works for one person may not work for another person.
That's why you try everything and see what's best for you. So if you haven't crammed before, try it out! It might be your best way of studying for exams! :rolleyes:

P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
So if you haven't crammed before, try it out! It might be your best way of studying for exams!
What if it isn't? :p Implying on a one night before an exam :):)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well if all else fails, cramming is your best bet! :D

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Cramming worked for me. Hell i even did that for the external HSC exams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)