• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

To all fellow members (2 Viewers)

Winston

HSC
Hey this is your Mod, i figured some people struggle in this subject, and since it's the last exam of the HSC, once my last exam is done and i have IT left, i will be devoting 7 days full dedication to answering all your questions and concerns in any area of the subject.

Good luck with all your other exams!

Your Mod

-Winston

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
Hey this is your Mod, i figured some people struggle in this subject, and since it's the last exam of the HSC, once my last exam is done and i have IT left, i will be devoting 7 days full dedication to answering all your questions and concerns in any area of the subject.

Good luck with all your other exams!

Your Mod

-Winston

u better have ur word!!

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
dont forget u still have me here to help. I dont have to study for exams and I don't have year 12 anymore. So if you need help just ask.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Andrew_Blackwel
dont forget u still have me here to help. I dont have to study for exams and I don't have year 12 anymore. So if you need help just ask.
Ah Yes Thank You Andrew for your time as well spent on the forums.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Andrew_Blackwel
sorry my statement sounds like im trying to steal your thunder
lol, no it didn't

chris42

HSC
Thanks, I'm probably going to need some help with IT with perfecting those long response questions.. some of them are quite difficult.

puffkenny

HSC
Hi I'm a bit confused about the extended responses

The criteria says to use INDUSTRIAL TERMS
but the thing is, I was told to write to treat the client as if they are absolute morons, so HOW can I use the INDUSTRIAL TERMS if it is too TECHNICAL to them???:confused:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by puffkenny
Hi I'm a bit confused about the extended responses

The criteria says to use INDUSTRIAL TERMS
but the thing is, I was told to write to treat the client as if they are absolute morons, so HOW can I use the INDUSTRIAL TERMS if it is too TECHNICAL to them???:confused:
It really depends on the question, could you post an example.

puffkenny

HSC
sorry, but I can't find a official question at the moment but just for argument's sake:
You are given two different computer systems, each with their individual characteristics ie price, CPU speed, RAM, HD space, OS etc
You are to recommend an appropriate one for your client who is going to use it in their private business

Ok, now your are inevitably going to talk about what speed it is MHZ, amount of RAM, HD space etc
They are all pretty technical, and I don't think it can be properly and effeciently communicated in general terms...
How can such questions be approached?

puffkenny

HSC
oh yeah, another question, what is that technical word for the table where you give scores to different characteristics of a device and choose the final 1 with the highest score and recommend it to your clients?
IT
PC1 PC 2
Speed 95 100
Storage 98 94
Stability 100 80
Total 293 274

therefore 293 is recommended as it has a higher score
now what is this table called again?

chris42

HSC
oh yeah, another question, what is that technical word for the table where you give scores to different characteristics of a device and choose the final 1 with the highest score and recommend it to your clients?
Hmm.. I've never heard of that before. Are you reffering to a table which is being sorted Ascending. In a spreadsheet, the highest score would the MAX function I think.

Winston

HSC
sorry, but I can't find a official question at the moment but just for argument's sake:
You are given two different computer systems, each with their individual characteristics ie price, CPU speed, RAM, HD space, OS etc
You are to recommend an appropriate one for your client who is going to use it in their private business

Ok, now your are inevitably going to talk about what speed it is MHZ, amount of RAM, HD space etc
They are all pretty technical, and I don't think it can be properly and effeciently communicated in general terms...
How can such questions be approached?
Well you'd definately talk about determining the client's needs, and what the computer is gonna be used for, is it even needed some components, you keep elaborating on that aspect state some of the hardware components and why its no use to the client etc...

puffkenny

HSC
Originally posted by Winston
Well you'd definately talk about determining the client's needs, and what the computer is gonna be used for, is it even needed some components, you keep elaborating on that aspect state some of the hardware components and why its no use to the client etc...
Therefore I am able to use the technical words?

Winston

HSC
Therefore I am able to use the technical words?
ahuh... doesnt have to relate to hardware, talk about system compatibility, whether or not the configuration will run smoothly, any hardware conflicts, discuss about the mainboard if u desire, is there a need for a graphics card, if there's already an onboard one.

^___^
HSC
Winston has got it..

to the client, all those computer terms literally means nothing..

u need to understand teh client's problem and develop a solution to fix it..

questions asked will be like price range? any specific use? what is it for? office or home use?? any other special or additonal hardware/software needed...

puffkenny

HSC
o, ok thanx!!!!
about my other question for the scoring table thingy???

IT
PC1 PC 2
Speed 95 100
Storage 98 94
Stability 100 80
Total 293 274

therefore 293 is recommended as it has a higher score
now what is this table called again?

puffkenny

HSC
lol I learnt this in my IT class, apparently it's pretty useful in making finla recommnedations to the client. If only someone knows what the table is called....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)