• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

to being an essay. what would you do? (1 Viewer)

study69

for a question like-
Describe the methods of international business expansion, and evaluate the effectiveness of sources of funds to finance global expanion.

would you start by introducing ur case study and a brief history then go on to say which methods of expanion it uses?

or would you jst go straight into the answer, like.. Methods of expanions are so on so on, and jst include bitts and pieces of ur case study after that?

how would u start ur essays?

thanks a lot

vaniLLa_554

HSC
i usually do the extended responses in business report format

so i would have
- executive summary: start off with a general statement on methods of international expansion and sources of funds .. and then go on with the case study.. for example, since im using qantas, i would continue with "Qantas is an excellent example of a business that has successfuly expanded into international markets...", write a bit about the primary purpose and history of the business...

- body: methods of expansion and sources of funds - i would use headings etc...
throughout, i would write it from Qantas's perspective... u should continually refer to your case study

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
In the end though, the focus of your response should always be the course content. The case study is there to reinforce and complement that and it should never beocme the primary point of discussion.

The first alternative you present, places too much emphasis on the case study. Answer the actual question, using the case to back-up what you are saying as you go along.

So state the methods of expansion (syllabus dot-point regurgitation) and intergrate examples from VARIOUS case studies to reinforce and demonstrate the thoery working in practice.

I would really argue that stuff lke the history of a company is irrelevant, as it really does not relate to the actual question.

So go with your second option there, but dont seperate content from case, INTERGRATE them together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)