• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

To the scholars of 2004 (1 Viewer)

rhinoivory

Just thought I should be nice, and give an important tip to all of you.

Get you're major work done over the Christmas holiday.

WRITE EVERYTHING YOU THINK ABOUT CONCERNING EE2 IN YOU'RE DIARY, THIS INCLUDES DRAFTS

Have something so refined, that when you hand it in, you will have no worries whatsoever!

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE, HAVE FUN!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol you know it doesnt work....the human brain works on pressure not comfort :D...look at us hahha

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I second that tip.... I soooo wished I had done that when I was still editing profusely a few weeks before due date!

Leap

free falling
HSC
I remember being told last year that I should do as much as possible in the summer holidays. My teacher was constantly pressuring me to get an idea and write it over the summer. It just made me stress out and feel guilty over the holidays.
I ended up changing my idea so many times anyway that anything I did write over the summer was a useless waste of time and effort.
My advice - don't write until you're inspired.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Writings upon the development of my project, what work you did, and of your cognitive development in the process. It's at least partially designed to ensure that the work is purely yours. (Damn paranoia).

Mine was filled with this sort of stuff, as well as thoughts upon various related texts I'd been reading and whatnot. (Ironically, much of the stuff I talked about ended up not being used in the essay. :p)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by grk_styl
Hey, thanks for the advice. I need a complete direct answer to one of my questions:

What exactly has to go into my journal?
One word: EVERYTHING

Saul

*ss
HSC
yeah, i kinda forgot to put stuff in my journal, so i ended up just pasting in all my drafts, which took up bout 100 pages so it looked fat anyway.

Saul

*ss
HSC
you can do anything you want, its your journal.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yeah. The Board will only go through it if they find your MW dubious.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by picaresque
Can we plaster our journals with possibly irrelevant, but highly inspirational material?
actually that inspirational material isnt so irrelevant if its helping you develop and create your MW

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Thanks guys! This made me feel heaps better. I was told that you shouldn't put a lot of the 'inspirational' stuff in, because the markers don't like bull crap. But what you all said makes sense.

Thanks once again!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I've also heard that if the journal is really thick that the markers think "wow"... so lots of crap is good because they probably won't look at it :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I've also heard that if the journal is really thick that the markers think "wow"... so lots of crap is good because they probably won't look at it :)
haha well i work on the po-mo "less is more" :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)