• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transfer from UWS to USYD economics. (1 Viewer)

lazazal

HSC
N/A
Hi, i know its a bit early in the year to already be worrying about this, but i cant seem to get it out of my head. I have a few questions regarding external transfers to USYD from UWS. My UAI is nothing short of terrible, I had a really bad year with my mother becoming unwell and depression, due to this I only recieved a UAI of 56.25. However I was granted EAS and most uni's reward 5-10bonus points because of this.

This year I started economics at UWS and I plan to maintain a Distinction average. The problem is even with a distinction average it would only give me a NSRL index of 76.125(Without EAS) when the UAI cut off last year was 91.80.

Would that leave me with no chance at all?

(I will also apply to UNSW and Mac)

Last edited:

peter22

Banned
HSC
Hi, i know its a bit early in the year to already be worrying about this, but i cant seem to get it out of my head. I have a few questions regarding external transfers to USYD from UWS. My UAI is nothing short of terrible, I had a really bad year with my mother becoming unwell and depression, due to this I only recieved a UAI of 56.25. However I was granted EAS and most uni's reward 5-10bonus points because of this.

This year I started economics at UWS and I plan to maintain a Distinction average. The problem is even with a distinction average it would only give me a NSRL index of 76.125(Without EAS) when the UAI cut off last year was 91.80.

Would that leave me with no chance at all?

(I will also apply to UNSW and Mac)
Hey mate,

A distinction average would definately give you a give a great chance for that course at USYD. However, Distinction average is veryyy hard to achieve. Its like obtaining a UAI of 96. So if you believe your up to it then go for it. I remember I started off at UWS doing business/laws and wanted to transfer to uts but managed to get into mac for comm/law. I tried really hard and just managed to recieve almost a distinction average. My grades were HD, D, C, C but you have to understand it requires ALOT of effort unless your Einstein or something. Anyways good luck. If you do end up receiving a Distinction average, Put UNSW then MAC infront of USYD. USYD is not great at commerce and/or economics. UNSW and MAC definately are above USYD.

Good luck. Hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)