• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transfer to Commerce/Science? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blonde

HSC
I'm currently doing B. Economics and having doubts about what I want to do. I've always been torn between economics and science, and now I'm thinking I should have taken a Science degree. I still like Economics, but I don't find it as interesting as I'd find Science, hence my credit average due to lack of enthusiasm.

So if I wanted to combine my degree with science, I'd have to change to Commerce first, right? Is it even worth it? I want to major in both Economics and Finance, and if I do the double degree I'd only be able to do one of those majors anyway...

Maybe I could just do the Science degree after I finish this one? I don't know... :(

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Aren't there any Economics/Science degrees available?

But if there are not, it sounds right that you'd have to change your degree to a generic commerce degree (but you'll still keep the points you've gained from econ subjects) when you transfer into an econ/sci degree.

I would advise to transfer now and do double degree with science. That way you actually save a whole year from having to do electives in each individual degree if you were doing both degrees separately.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Just transfer to com/sci and do economics under commerce.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
i think at USYD u can double major in commerce for comm/sci, but it's not worth it (IMO) because it's an extra year than UNSW ( 5 years)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)