• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transferring course (1 Viewer)

cdingle

HSC
Say i do get the UAI i'm hoping for, is there anyway to transfer to a Bachelor of Medicine/Surgery and if so what course would i have to do

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
wat do u mean transfer?

cos you kinda can
even if u did.. ud still start in yr 1... with mabbe ure gen eds counted for... u dun get much off its still 5-6 yrs...even if u did 2nd yr microbiology... you still have todo it as part of the medical course

its cos they are integrated courses..

so in essence... you can do anything you want as long as you do well and get the necessary score and meet the criteria for medical entry....

HSC
N/A
i'm doing medical science, wanted to do it and i like the course and shit but i figure, may as well cover more detail than I am now so if i decided to transfer to medicine, how would that work?

:(

OR. it has been mentioned that having done Bach. of Med Sci, I could possibly to post grad med? Yes/No? I have no clue. And too lazy to look and meet with people and ask etc etc.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
wat do u mean more detail? basically MBBS = BMedSc + Clinical Work (practical)

to answer ur question..
if u have not completed a bach degree.. then u go and apply to start 1st yr medicine (of a 5-6 yr course with the recently graduated yr 12 students..)

if u have finished then its grad-entry medicine (4 yr course)..

you will not get any yrs off because u did MedSc or HealthSc anymore...this is a general rule at lik every university (but consult with the faculty for newer/specific information)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)