Transferring from Commerce to Arts (1 Viewer)

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I'm currently enrolled in the second year of my commerce degree. I had some ups and downs with my grades, getting 70s and 80s, and also 60s and 50s, generally, I think my grades are alright. The problem is this, I think I am going to screw up my grades for Macroeconomics, probably getting somewhere around 30, and this is because we are required to do some Maths which I was never good at it, and by the time when I realise that I should quit, the last date to withdraw without academic penalty has already passed. I did some Arts electives (Philosophy, Politics, Sociology), and holy crap, it was so much more interesting than Finance and Economics, my grades for these subjects are also better. I will get my grades back to 65 to transfer, I just wanna ask does anyone had a similar experience, and would you give me advice on whether I should do it or not? I'm not sure if I will be comfortable with my current major since I failed my Macro so hard.

cossine

HSC
Hi, I'm currently enrolled in the second year of my commerce degree. I had some ups and downs with my grades, getting 70s and 80s, and also 60s and 50s, generally, I think my grades are alright. The problem is this, I think I am going to screw up my grades for Macroeconomics, probably getting somewhere around 30, and this is because we are required to do some Maths which I was never good at it, and by the time when I realise that I should quit, the last date to withdraw without academic penalty has already passed. I did some Arts electives (Philosophy, Politics, Sociology), and holy crap, it was so much more interesting than Finance and Economics, my grades for these subjects are also better. I will get my grades back to 65 to transfer, I just wanna ask does anyone had a similar experience, and would you give me advice on whether I should do it or not? I'm not sure if I will be comfortable with my current major since I failed my Macro so hard.
I don't think there is academic penalty for any withdrawal although you have pay for the doing the subject. Are you sure cannot withdraw now?

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think there is academic penalty for any withdrawal although you have pay for the doing the subject. Are you sure cannot withdraw now?
The last day to withdraw without academic penalty at UOW for Spring is 22nd September:

cossine

HSC
The last day to withdraw without academic penalty at UOW for Spring is 22nd September:
I don't know what to say. I think it is up you make decision. Maybe looking into resources you are for studying if you decide try macroeconomics again. For math subjects I prefer to use textbooks with fully worked solutions and that are available online or on Quizlet. It might be worth looking emath.com or symbolab. I am not to sure how helpful that will be for commerce. I am not to sure the content for macroeconomics but James Stewart Calculus will be helpful for getting fundamental knowledge of math.

I think it might be worthwhile to contact UOW and see if you can get admission without the 65 WAM if you dead-set on it if you have not done.

Reactions: [ ]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)