• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

transferring unis non hsc school leaver (1 Viewer)

bioking

HSC
Hello, I just finished my first year of sports and excercise science at uws but now I have an offer for health science at usyd . My goal is preferably to try to get into physiotherapy at usyd but wouldnt mind it at other uni's. If things dont go to plan I would try getting into diagnostic radiography or ex physiology/ sports and ex sci /nutrition at usyd. Which gives me a better chance into physiotherapy sport sci uws or health sci usyd? And should I accept offer for health sci usyd? Note that usyd is closer to where I live also.

HSC
Thing is, usyd physio is really hard to transfer into because everybody wants it from health science, science, advanced science, exercise and sport science, exercise physiology and those are just the courses in usyd only. UTS offers sports science courses and graduates can apply for a physio degree too so the competition is pretty high between uws and usyd for physio. ACU has physio too but you need to have done a science for your HSC. If physio is really your goal you can try other unis such as CSU and UON.

Well since you have an offer for health science at usyd, you obviously applied and got accepted and it's what you wanted so if I were you I would probably switch to usyd seeing as you live closer. You also mentioned you were fine with doing radiography/exercise physiology and sports science too which usyd has and those courses are definitely not as competitive as physio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)