Transformation Of Texts - 10 Thing i hate about you & Taming of the shrew (1 Viewer)

boredofstudyinn

HSC
:spzz:i am going nuts with this assignment

this is my task description

"The BOS has decided to choose some preliminary students to present a talk to a group of parents to explain the relevance of this topic.

The meeting is called 'Same text, new form"

You must use both texts in your presentation as well as other texts should you so wish."

can some1 help me

i have no idea on wat 2 do:(

jet

Banned
HSC
Well, to begin with, you obviously have to link the texts to the topic. How has The Taming of the Shrew been transformed into Ten Things I Hate About You? How can you see this transformation?
It also asks for the relevance of the topic. So maybe see how the transformation makes the story more relevant for YOU and YOU'RE context.

Hope that helps.

Nadiaa

HSC
Surprisingly ive got the same assignment, i wonder how =P

hmm..
it makes sense now, it's more clearer than i 1st thought of it being.

Thanks

boredofstudyinn

HSC
umm yeah thanks guy at the top

lets see if i can make a FIFTEEN MINUTE SPEECH on it

jet

Banned
HSC
15mins? Youre so lucky.
I would dream for the day I got to say a 15 minute speech.
You have heaps of time to say everything you need to say, at a slow pace, with the ability to use pause whenever you need to.
You should be aiming for full marks.

N

Nicola1616

Maybe you could start by talking about how your parents probably studied shakespeare - maybe like his words and ideas were sacrosanct and couldn't be questioned, I don't know and then you could introduce the notion of studying texts and the way they are transformed over time and how this enables you to both treasure the timeless, universal qualities of certain tales but also give you the freedom to question certain values that have changed and maybe become unplatable to you and therefore need to be expressed in diffferent ways or omitted altogether. Obviously Taming of the Shrew can be sort of problematic from a feminist perspective, even a humanist one, and so some of those values are completely contemporised in Ten Things. This enables you to revisit Shakespeare's play and examine the way society has changed and yet still appreciate how timelessly entertaining we find the essence of the story - and in Shakepeare's time the theatre was the pop-culture of the day - the equivalent of going to see a film so even though they are different media they both sought to entertain. Anyway - starting to ramble.

breeza99

HSC
hey i did that for my prelim at the start of this year. talk about how even without knowing the shakespearean back ground ttihay can still be enjoyed and relevant to our current context, but the background knowledge enriches the text and allows further enjoyment to the shakespeare referrences. the values have changed and shakespeare although a classic is no longer relevant to our current context.

well thats what we had to do hope it helps...

also different techniques... talk about how film techniques and music enrich the experience, remember taming was meant to be performed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)