• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Transport to Hawkesbury (1 Viewer)

d_elmo

HSC
for those who go to the hawkesbury campus, what is the best way to get there?
is public transport a really bad idea?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I travel by train to hawkesbury from strathfield - but i get another train to strathfield. It usually isn't that bad in the morning, I just tend to sleep the whole trip. But usually cause theres a lot of work to be done, its a great time to do weekly readings and reading of journals for assignments. The only downside about catching the train is on the way home in the afternoon, the train only comes every hour, so you have to plan what train you get. If you miss one, you can walk down to richmond or there a golf club next to the railway station where you can have a drink.

If your driving, you will probably go along either windsor road or blacktown road. Both of these roads can be a pain cause they are only one land wide, which basically means no overtaking for the whole trip.

Continuing from what natstar said, you get off at east richmond and walk 15 - 20 minutes up the long uni (its like those amercian unis) driveway. Trains come every half an hour during peakhour in the morning and night.

d_elmo

HSC
how long does it take to get from penrith station to blacktown?
and then from blacktown to richmond?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I have a friend who goes from penrith to blacktown - i remember her saying that it was about 30 minutes ... give or take a few city rail minutes.

Super_Flyse

HSC
From Penrith Station it is probably easier to get a bus to Richmond.
They come every hour (or so im told).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Super_Flyse said:
From Penrith Station it is probably easier to get a bus to Richmond.
They come every hour (or so im told).
The thing is, if you catch a bus from Blacktown to Richmond, its probably going to be a westbus (i assume) which will be a pretty expensive trip. Its definately cheaper by train.

And walking from Richmond to uni is like walking from east richmond to uni and back again.

d_elmo

HSC
i was planning of catching the bus from penrith to richmond, but on the timetable it says the bus goes to "UNIVERSITY Vines Drive entrance" I just wanted to know how far it is to walk from the buildings to where this bus would come past

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm pretty sure that Vines drive is at the back of the uni ... cause to get from penrith to richmond by bus you go along londaberry road (or something similar). The vines drive isn't too far from where the buildings are. The max you will be walking is 10mins, if you walk really slowly.

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
d_elmo said:
how long does it take to get from penrith station to blacktown?
and then from blacktown to richmond?

Hey, it would be easier to catch the bus from Penrith to Richmond, They go pretty frequently in the mornings and afternoons - i know because I live in Richmond and used to go to school in Penrith. There are 2 routes, one through Castlereagh and one through Londonderry and the Londonderry one practically drops you off at the entrance to the Uni. By bus its about 45 mins, train to Blacktown, swapping then Richmond can take 2 and a half hours or more - trust me, Ive done it!! So definately go bus. (The bus goes from Penrith station anyway)

The entrance you get dropped off at is about 500m from buildings, its not far, anyone who knows the uni, its the entrance near the pool. The other entrance has a huge driveway to walk up anyway, so i think that the entrance that the bus drops you off at is actually closer. Plus you dont have to walk from East Richmond station, which isnt that far but still...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)