trial plans (1 Viewer)

spiderfan44

HSC
what is your guys strategy for trials, heres mine

holidays - 6 hours a day study, planning to catch up on all my notes and write flash cards

2 weeks prior - 5 hours a day study, planning on doing a ton of flash cards and doing trial papers

trials- 8 hours a day study on non trial days

he1nl

HSC
my hours are reduced from yours but:

holidays - 6 hours a day study as well, i love camping out at libraries they make me happy to study

2 weeks prior - 2-3 hours a day if i'm being realistic lol, i'll probably knock out most work in the hols when i'm more productive, and i can never study more than 3 hrs on a school day (i get too sleepy, i average about 10-12 hours of sleep)

trials - 5-6 hours a day study non trial days, 3 hours trial days

he1nl

HSC
but tbh i'm so worried because my ranks are mid/okay but that's js because of efficient last min studying, bit concerned on how to pace out my studying for trials without burning out o_O

carrotsss

HSC

holidays - 6 hours a day study, planning to catch up on all my notes and write flash cards

2 weeks prior - 5 hours a day study, planning on doing a ton of flash cards and doing trial papers

im sorry but get realistic do u actually think you’ll end up doing that

Cathode_RT

HSC

Doesn't seem too realistic - At this point you should mainly be doing past papers, imo don't waste your time catching up on notes/flashcards.

Instead of 6 hours of "study", do 2-1 past papers, and have a good review/marking session afterwards - where you can study weak points more effectively than going over the whole curriculum again.

but again, whatever works for you is best.

liamkk112

HSC

id probably make sure that your % of time spent on trial/hsc papers is much much more than % of time spent on flash cards. reason is just that flash cards are super passive study, compared to trial/hsc papers where you'll be forced to think outside the box a bit more and use the information in a more in depth way than just memorisation. dont get me wrong flash cards are a good way to memorise stuff u don't already know but if i was u id be catching up on your notes and flash cards rn, so that you can maximise your time doing exam papers before the trials - worst comes to worse, you do an exam paper, realise you don't know a part of the syllabus that well, and then spend an hour every day just going over the parts u wrote that u dont know well to enforce the knowledge

sheppy123

HSC
just want to say that if you're spending 6+ hours a day on flashcards, i'd assume one or two things:

1. you take pdhpe, business studies, economics, legal studies, biology all at once.
2. your cards are incredibly ineffective, convoluted, not short enough and you are essentially trying to memorise a whole textbook sentence for sentence

that's my $0.02

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC

3 hours a day :) for trials, might bump it up to 4 for hsc
the days inbetween exams hopefully I'll just relax and focus on what i have next not doing too much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)