• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

*****trials + Half Yearly Exam Papers Needed 4 Extension 2 Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelnashid

HSC
Hi Guys
Please Post All Your Trials, Half Yearlies And Worksheets For All Extension 2 Topics Here...thankyou....

P

pLuvia

How about you try looking at the resource section or the actual mathematics extension 2 forum?

There are several stickied threads that consists of what you want

In the future use the search function

YannY

HSC
pLuvia said:
How about you try looking at the resource section or the actual mathematics extension 2 forum?

There are several stickied threads that consists of what you want

In the future use the search function
This is not the actual mathematics extension 2 forum? wtf have i been in the wrong place all these times.

P

pLuvia

YannY said:
This is not the actual mathematics extension 2 forum? wtf have i been in the wrong place all these times.
lol I mean the page before you actually click on this thread

michaelnashid

HSC
Any other websites or anything other than these already posted websites???

me121

Premium Member
HSC
michaelnashid said:
anything else?
What are you looking for, (from the new syllabus onwards, i.e. 1980 something) I think the links that buchanan posted and the resources on the bored of studies resource page have about every single HSC paper and CSSA paper that has ever existed and hundreds of other papers from other individual schools. There are hundreds of papers listed, isn't that enough?

undalay

HSC
papers without solutions are a bit useless.
(by a bit i mean very)

HSC
N/A
Do your own solutions. That is better than reading somebody else's.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
buchanan said:
LOL. That's True.

undalay said:
papers without solutions are a bit useless.
(by a bit i mean very)
There are answers for all the past HSC and CSSA papers, (excluding 00-07). The answers are a start. If then you are still stuck either consult your teacher or one of the many past paper books (only applicable for the HSC)

undalay

HSC
buchanan said:
Here's why i disagree:

1. If the question's like find point R blah blah.
If theres no answers:
You'll think you're right.
If there ARE answers:
You can examine why you are wrong, and thus LEARN.

2. For a long prove/show questions.
If theres no answers:
You can do it a long tedius way and think thats the proper way
If there are answers:
You can see why your long tedius way is wrong and find a better more elegant proof that will save HEAPS of time. (time is valuable)

me121 said:
There are answers for all the past HSC and CSSA papers, (excluding 00-07). The answers are a start. If then you are still stuck either consult your teacher or one of the many past paper books (only applicable for the HSC)
If your talking about those big packs.
They don't provide worked answers, or answers for proofs.
I would consult my teacher, but he's shit.

HSC
N/A
Why is he shit? Can you elaborate on that a bit please?

Anyway, it's how it makes you feel that's important. You feel better having done it yourself. You won't feel so good having read somebody else's solution.

In any case, in the real world, mathematicians don't have answers in the back of the book.

buchanan said:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q5ncRVfJ2y8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q5ncRVfJ2y8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

If Perelman did maths like that, he would never have proved the Poincare conjecture.

Likewise, other mathematicians worth their salt do not do maths like this. Real maths has no published worked solutions or answers in the back of the book.

Learning maths like a robot gives only a superficial understanding of maths. After the exam is over students forget everything they've learnt. If it is seen that it's all about marks, will there be any advancement of mathematics in any way whatsoever in Australia if this is the way it is taught? Not likely. Australia will be irrelevant and certainly not a centre of excellence for mathematics. You may as well believe in fairies!

Last edited:

undalay

HSC
because all he does is recite the textbook.
If you ask him a question he'll be like.
"I don't want to waste class time doing this. Let me have a look and i'll get back to it."
and never does.

edit: also i understand attempting the problem is important.
When i have worked solutions e.g. terry lee. I look at solution only after considerable time attempting it.
I also compare their solution to my own, to see where i could improve.

Last edited:

me121

Premium Member
HSC
undalay said:
If your talking about those big packs.
They don't provide worked answers, or answers for proofs.
I would consult my teacher, but he's shit.
I don't know what big packs you are referring to. But yes what I was referring to only had numerical answers, no proofs, no working, but it still helps to you if you got it right or not.

michaelnashid

HSC
exams without solutions are preety useless...how would one know whether their answer is right or wrong???...u gota hope for da best

HSC
N/A
You can upload your solutions if you want. I've got solutions to all the papers, but generally choose not to upload them for reasons I alluded to earlier. Some other websites also have solutions. I'll only upload solutions if they raise more questions than they answer.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
michaelnashid said:
exams without solutions are preety useless...how would one know whether their answer is right or wrong???...u gota hope for da best
you don't need solutions to know if your answer is right, you only need answers. now having done my hsc last year I know that having the answers to check is good and helpful, but having the whole solutions is going a bit far. i would say only take a look at the solutions after you have thought about the problem a lot.

final note. remember that in the real world math don't have answers. You can't just look at the answers, otherwise why would your employer pay you? In the real world you need to be able to solve a problem without knowing the answer, and you also need to be able to know if you answer is correct or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)