• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

trotsky's ideologies (1 Viewer)

charm13

i'm expected to know stuff about trostsky's ideologies by wednesday and have discovered that we have been given no info on it, nor could i find any on the net. if anything has stuff that could help it'd be greatly appreciated
cheers guys

blam_babe

Well I've just started Trotsky but he was a Menshevik and then a Bolshevik so u can talk about the idealogies invovlved in these two groups. And that's all I can think of right now

Have u gone to spartacus and had a look for Trotsky there??? Theyre usually pretty good. So is HSC Online

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Originally posted by charm13
i'm expected to know stuff about trostsky's ideologies by wednesday and have discovered that we have been given no info on it, nor could i find any on the net. if anything has stuff that could help it'd be greatly appreciated
cheers guys
this is prob a little late - sry i didn't see this before but anyway might be able to give u some for later use...
Trotksy believed in permanat revolution - which meant that he wanted to continue spreading communism throughout teh world because he truley felt that one day all countries within the world would become communist.

u could also mention that trotksy generally had the idea for bol policies first - such as NEP - which Stalin later took over.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Trotters wanted something like the NEP during the Civil War and War Communism and told Lenin who was all like "nah" but then once everything went tits up after Kronstadt he went "right! NEP it is!".

I thought that in the fight for control of the party Trotters and Stalin were always oppositional to each other? Trotters being a lefty-wanker wanting the permanent international revolution and Stalin realising that it's going to be communism in one nation only? Then of course Trotters got ice-picked heh heh heh.

clerisy

HSC
Trotsky was basically devoted firmly to "the spirit of critical Marxism" (The Making of Modern Russia, by Kochan and that other guy I always forget to name). So where Stalin and even Lenin were willing to adapt their ideology to remain popular and therefore in power (eg NEP) Trotsky was not willing or able to change from his beliefs-- thus his constant opposition to Stalin, and his consequential humiliating exile.

As everyone else has said, permanent revolution is incredibly important.

I've also been told he was a Populist in his early days, but I don't know what that is. Any help???

The problem with finding info on Trotsky is that he has too many modern supporters. I know that there exist full books on Trotsky, but a) I don't wish to read an entire book on the man and b) I can't access any. So I'm stuck trying to pick information out of fleeting mentions of his name in text/books on Russia or trying to decipher extremely biased Trotskyist tributes off the internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)