• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

trouble with english standard (1 Viewer)

jessi90

HSC
Does anyone know the average mark for each year in english standard across the state is? it only appears like 0.5% get band 6s each year. right now I am not ranked too well at school and i am scared my uai will go terribly wrong as a result of this. why is it so hard to score well in standard?? is it just that people dont try/incapable? its hard to tell because there are so many classes in my year. moreover, all these bullshit assessments like poster/collage making is where ill most likely drop behind. i mean, what does posters have anything to do with english? shouldnt that be for visual art? anywya, as a comparsion, i am ranked 1st in all my other subjects. it is just english that im not confident with. so my biggest regret is not choosing english advanced. /rant

mods: please leave this in the 2008 HSC forum because hardly anyone visits the english standard forum and i want to know what others think

ccc123

HSC
It's is because the standard overall for the English Standard cohort is lower than that of Advanced. Try not to worry too much because there's nothing you can do about it, and just maximise maximise your marks according to your ability. If you are rank 1 in your otehr subjects, it is also likely that this should counteract the low scaling of Stan. Eng.

jessi90

HSC
i think it is because my cohort is so weak that i dont know what to expect. to put it bluntly i dont think anyone at my school will get top 1% (which is what im aiming for) and is what i need to a get competitive uai. even if the marks for my other subjects are 92+ in the hsc, a low/high english mark could be the difference between a 96 and 99 uai

michael1990

HSC
The students doing Standard english have a very small percentage of them recieving a Band 5 or Higher.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
michael1990 said:
The students doing Standard english have a very small percentage of them recieving a Band 5 or Higher.
Thanks einstein.

Don't worry im pretty much in the same boat.
Im doing standard, im pretty sure im ranked in the top 3.

I hate those stupid assessments, i got 11/15 for a brochure.
Comment said 'All the information is there, your brochure needs to be more visually enhanching'

BROCHURES SUCK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)