Truth&Rep. - Birthday Letters- HELP!! (1 Viewer)

khaslop

HSC
Has ANYBODY else besides my class done Birthday Letters?
I cannot find anything on what we are meant to do...
also, if you are doing hughes, what are your choosen text because my teacher has basically only been raving on about plath and NOT what we are meant to do in the exam (e.g incorprate our texts?)

shona1990

HSC
Sine this has no replies, I thought i'd be nice. But... Sorry, no.
So I wasn't much help. :(
At least you'll be unique cos practically EVERYONE has done Frontline.

khaslop

HSC
thanks for your help.
im under the impression we have to do two of hughes poems at least and then choose two other texts so im doing 'Fulbright Scholars' & 'The Shot' and my choosen texts are Plaths 'Daddy' & Anee Stevensons biography of Plath 'Bitter Fame'

Hmm... I think im screwed

beccygoddess

HSC
For future reference, because I know that this thread hasn't been added to in like a year, the guidelines for studying Ted Hughes are:
Study all 6 of the prescribed poems, then choose 2/3 and 2+ texts of your own chosing to write about in the exam, to study the way that the truth is represented.

turtleman91

Secret Nerd
HSC
yep
i'm doing the birthday letters, and quite enjoying it actually
but i think im one of the only people who isnt choosing something to do with sylvia plath for their self-selected text... am i??
im doing the short film 'Watermark' and an episode of the chaser's war on everything

oh just one question:
which is the MOST used poem of hughes' in the HSC??

THANKS!

Gerald10

HSC
Im doing this birthday letters too. Anyone else doing the film 'Sylvia' as an other related text? Its quite a good insight into how messed up Sylvia is.

Also my teacher is teaching it with a tone very sympathetic of Hughes. Im aware that many, particularly feminists, view him as her oppressor and the cause of her suicide - is anyone getting this taught to them preferring this version of the truth?

yosemite sam

HSC
We did birthday letters and used the movie Sylvia as a related text. Also Daddy or Lady Lazarus. And The Shot.
My teacher was a bit more sympathetic to Plath, but managed to keep it pretty unbiased.
To OP: just incorporate the Plath poems or whatever your related texts are with technique comparisons or how the same event is represented in different ways between the texts. Eg, Plath's relationship with her fater in 'Daddy' (from her perspective) and then in one of Hughes's poems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)