uac compass q (1 Viewer)

krispykangaroo469

HSC
wait i thought you were meant to put your scaled marks into the uac atar compass?
how come when i change my subject but still have the same score (eg a 90 in chem to a 90 in aboriginal studies) my atar changes? i thought it would be the same bcs the marks are alr scaled

carrotsss

HSC
You enter aligned marks into ATAR calculators, which are different to both raw marks and scaled marks. Scaled marks are added to produce your aggregate for your ATAR and are never provided to you, aligned marks are given to you and are boosted from your raw marks, and your raw marks are hidden (unless you pay) and are the actual mark you get in the exam

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
You enter aligned marks into ATAR calculators, which are different to both raw marks and scaled marks. Scaled marks are added to produce your aggregate for your ATAR and are never provided to you, aligned marks are given to you and are boosted from your raw marks, and your raw marks are hidden (unless you pay) and are the actual mark you get in the exam
if u pay (100 per paper when i checked?) u are mentally mentally mentally mentally touchable like edp level unless u got 99.95 100% state ranks

carrotsss

HSC
if u pay (100 per paper when i checked?) u are mentally mentally mentally mentally touchable like edp level unless u got 99.95 100% state ranks
yeah I thought about it for sor and then I realised what I could do with $60 that isn’t paying nesa for a photocopy of an exam I already did

esybeast

HSC
Is there a cap on scaling for low scaling subjects (eg standard math) even if you get a raw mark of 100?

carrotsss

HSC
Is there a cap on scaling for low scaling subjects (eg standard math) even if you get a raw mark of 100?
there isn’t an official cap but there is a highest scaled mark for each subject, for example the max for maths standard 2 last year was 92 (46 per unit), which is the equivalent of a ≈99.55 ATAR. it’s still possible to get a 99.95 with it though, you’d just have to get higher marks in other subjects to compensate

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
there isn’t an official cap but there is a highest scaled mark for each subject, for example the max for maths standard 2 last year was 92 (46 per unit), which is the equivalent of a ≈99.55 ATAR. it’s still possible to get a 99.95 with it though, you’d just have to get higher marks in other subjects to compensate
far out im suing my school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)