UAI???? what do you think? (1 Viewer)

what is the most difficult subject in the HSC??

• 2unit ext math

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • 2unit ext english

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • physics

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • business studies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chemistry

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • IPT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • legal studies

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • economics

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K man

K man was here in 2002
HSC
i am currently in year 12 and i go to CBHS lewisham i just subscribed so hopefully some one will read this..... i noticed how peoples UAI was estimated i was just hoping for someones opinion on what i might get for my UAI... my marks are as follows:

English advanced 69 Rank:10/26
geography 89 Rank:5/52
mathematics ext1 94 Rank: 7/49
math ext2 77 Rank:3/12
Physics 83 Rank: 1/44
S.O.R1 unit 34/50 Rank: 29/92 (at my school its compulsuary to do religion... i dont think my religion mark is going to count... so basically im doing 10 units)

also although i had a low mark in english i moved up from standard to advanced because i came 3/142 am i better off doing standard or advanced??? in the last test i came 10th in advanced but i would have came 1st in standard??

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
It doesn't really matter which course you are doing unless you think you can get a band 6 cos you can't get a band six in standard.

As for the hardest subject, that is very debatable. Me, a 4 unit English student and a humanities girl through and through would say 4 unit maths would be the hardest, but there are a lot of ppl who do 4 unit maths that would whither and die in 4 unit English. So I think it depends a lot more on the person.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I didn't say it was impossible, I said it doesn't happen. And Im willing to bet it won't happen again this year. The exams don't give standard students the capacity to demonstrate they are of band 6 quality (as my English teacher, the Senior Referee for English in the HSC said), and because Advanced and Standard students are scaled together it is very hard for a standard student to prove they are of Advanced quality.

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Mmm that's true... one of these days they might accidentally slip up and give the Standard students a proper exam though. :rolleyes: The top mark last year was 88; they're getting closer.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But then again, they might cap it at 89 and laugh sinisterly ... :D

K man

K man was here in 2002
HSC
i would say 4unit english is the hardest in my opinion. so far 4unit maths is my hardest subject followed by advanced english. i couldnt imagine myself being able to do 4unit english... NO WAY:chainsaw: < just thought that looked cool... ciao.
i say there isnt going to be anyone in the 90's for standard this year.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
better off in adv then standard any day

if last year was 88/89 dont you think this yr its possible for someone to get 90? =P

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Head Teacher of English in my school, who shall remain nameless, forced everyone since the beginnings of the new HSC to do advanced, coz she knew we all suck so we might as well suck in a higher-scaling subjects. Oh well. I can but try.:(
BURN :torch:Cloudstreet:burn::evilfire:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't think theres a whole lot of difference between standard and advanced actually, which sucks cos advanced gets scaled to the hills while the standard pplz are jipped majorley. Doesn't worry me though I do 4 unit hehe.

K man

K man was here in 2002
HSC
??

sooooo what am i capable of getting for my UAI at the end of the year if i continue this way?????? please im stressing!!! i want to get above 85???
:D :apig: :chainsaw:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I would have said mid to high 80s... depending on how good CBHS is.

K man

K man was here in 2002
HSC
UAI prediction

i go to a private school and we are ranked 120.. but our ranks are expected to improve this year

is a roflcopter
HSC
did your teachers tell you that?

cuz thats exactly what our school did
we're the vintage year apparently
but what a load of propaganda bullshit its turning out to be

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Re: UAI prediction

Originally posted by K man
i go to a private school and we are ranked 120.. but our ranks are expected to improve this year
Then low (and possibly mid) 90s is probably more accurate at this stage...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)