• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uai (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I can't remember since I was Class of '04, but I do remember being told that it's easier to get a better UAI in Advanced English than in Standard. However, if you mess up in Advanced, you'll get penalised more than if you do in Standard, so it's a double-edged sword.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
gah! i am annoyed with how many ppl worry bout scaling etc...all u need to worry about is: if u do standard get as high as you can and u will achieve a high uai, if u dont do well in it u wont get as high uai...smae with general maths...i dont know about standard english but with generla maths last year the highest uai of someone doing general maths was 99.45 i believe...i dont actually remember whether it was uac or boardofstudies website but it ws listed on there...as long as u do well in it it wont scale u down too much

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i heard advanced and standard scale around the same - there shouldn't be too much difference as long as you do well in whichever one you are doing.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
I heard the same thing and believed it until someone told me this

"They say they all scale the same but think of this would general maths scale the same as 4u maths"...i was like true that...the aim is just to do the best you can regarless of scaling

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
That's because the English Advanced cohort are more academically competent than the English Standard cohort.

English Advanced is for those who think English Standard is a pushover and/or those who want to take on Extension 1 & 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)