UCAT required for different unis? (1 Viewer)

tamdz

HSC
what UCAT percentile would be required for a uni like WSU, newcastle or charles sturt??

thanks guys. i love you all someone please respond im very lonely

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
You're looking for around 600 in vr irrc for wsu- ie if you get less than 600, you're not going to get interviews

Charles sturt is relatively low but the definite scores haven't been identified.

Newcastle is way higher in prerequisites, but again hasn't fully been revealed.

Note that even if you get 100% in other sections e.g: Abstract reasoning or score in the 99th %tile, wsu will only care about your vr results predominantly.

nathanzhou1234

HSC
WSU had 400 candidates at interview - interviews were before HSC so were purely based on UCAT scores. Given that roughly 14000 people sit UCAT ANZ, with 1 percentile being 140 people, for a wsu interview I think u need 97%+ on the UCAT. (Slightly lower if you're from GWS).

nathanzhou1234

HSC
I think for Newcastle and CSU 90%+ is required minimum. I had a mate who got 87th percentile and didn't get an interview offer to either.

tamdz

HSC
You're looking for around 600 in vr irrc for wsu- ie if you get less than 600, you're not going to get interviews

Charles sturt is relatively low but the definite scores haven't been identified.

Note that even if you get 100% in other sections e.g: Abstract reasoning or score in the 99th %tile, wsu will only care about your vr results predominantly.
how about for UNSW?

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
nah they just weigh it more

they dont only care abt vr but it makes up like 55-60% of their formula iirc
isn't it? I remember watching a video about their requirements, and they stated that vr needs to be 600 and above and that they had students who have recieve 99%tiles which weren't able to get in as they fked the vr

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
I think for Newcastle and CSU 90%+ is required minimum. I had a mate who got 87th percentile and didn't get an interview offer to either.
Are ya'll being serious? What location? I know people in Orange who have recieved 87 Atars and were able to get in (assuming that their ucats didn't got that well either)

nathanzhou1234

HSC
Are ya'll being serious? What location? I know people in Orange who have recieved 87 Atars and were able to get in (assuming that their ucats didn't got that well either)
That’s probably for rural entry

tamdz

HSC

so considering vr is 44 questions - how many of the 44 would you need to get right to get 600? and how about for 700? thanks

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
so considering vr is 44 questions - how many of the 44 would you need to get right to get 600? and how about for 700? thanks
A total scale score is generated by summing the individual scale scores of Verbal Reasoning, Decision Making, Quantitative Reasoning and Abstract Reasoning. Given this, you may need like approx 23-24 (just found this threshold online so don't quote me on this)

tamdz

HSC
A total scale score is generated by summing the individual scale scores of Verbal Reasoning, Decision Making, Quantitative Reasoning and Abstract Reasoning. Given this, you may need like approx 23-24 (just found this threshold online so don't quote me on this)
really? only 24? that seems a bit low. from what ik average score in vr is about 45% so id imagine itd be something closer to 30-35. idk though im just guessing and im also outstandingly mentally ill and touch starved

vishnay

God
HSC
isn't it? I remember watching a video about their requirements, and they stated that vr needs to be 600 and above and that they had students who have recieve 99%tiles which weren't able to get in as they fked the vr
yh but they dont only care abt vr wsu just weighs it more than the other components

its quite likely if a candidate gets 99% they'll get above 600 in vr so no stress

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)