• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UCAT vs school (1 Viewer)

lidess23

HSC
So basically, applying for medicine means the ucat score is (most of the time) equal in value to your atar. As with every year 12 in the summer holidays, I’m trying to get ahead and consolidate previous knowledge in my subjects. But I’m also trying to study for the ucat now because my time in the school term would be more limited.

I’ve been doing around 4 hours of ucat a day (gotta use this time as much as possible) but it becomes hard when combined with school work, + plus having a life in the holidays. I’ve managed schoolwork and ucat so far, but it’s taken a lot of time

Any tips on what to do

lidess23

HSC
Yeah. Am I early? I thought this was a good time to start

mandemindiguise

HSC
Yeah. Am I early? I thought this was a good time to start
Oh you can start however you please, I might also start studying for it soon
maybe you should plan a study schedule beforehand that allows you to allocate and prioritise time for your UCAT practice and school workload.Like what i did is review what exams/or assignments i have next term and schedule them into my calendar so i can review where i can study for the ucat and where i can study for my exams

C_master

HSC
No you definately are not. Maximising your marks in the UCAT is essential. There are students who have achieved 99.95s who were not given offers as a result of them neglecting the importance of the test.
Good example:
Damn

mandemindiguise

HSC
No you definately are not. Maximising your marks in the UCAT is essential. There are students who have achieved 99.95s who were not given offers as a result of them neglecting the importance of the test.
Good example:
this the same guy who preaches inequality while charging thousands for his ucat tutoring services :awesome: :awesome:

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
While Im at it, whats the best time to start studying or like basically start preparing for it?
The sooner you start, the less you'll worry on the day you do the test. I've been doing it since yr9 (although mostly during the holidays when I first started). Its all just general ability and comprehension. in all honesty, i've found that my performance in my school subjects improved bc it also does allow you to develop the ability to know when you're taking too long on questions. You've got nothing to lose. Just give it a go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)