uh oh (1 Viewer)

HSC
i analyised a film for my essay but only examined the language techniques within the film, not visual techniques.....am i fucked?

HSC
or...is it all good as long as your provide some textual justification for your thesis

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yes, you're stuffed. Because you missed out on like... 95% of what makes the film, a film.

brettymaccc

HSC
Yes, you're stuffed. Because you missed out on like... 95% of what makes the film, a film.
I disagree.

Language techniques are good, they will pay them. Admittedly, it was a film so you will lose a few marks for not taking into account its textual form at all, but you won't go from a 14/15 down to a 7/15 or anything major like that.

yours

HSC
Well it means you'll have lots of quotes, and this is an advantage. This will make a minimal difference. It's more important to look at form within your prescribed text: for Dickinson, this means poetic devices: hymnal metre, various rhymes, syllable count. Many people neglect these and use metaphors, similes, oxymorons etc. and these are fine too. It just adds a bit more flair if you can slip in something really 'poetry-ish', but it isn't really essential. You should only worry if the question specifies FORM in its wording, then you need to focus on it to get good marks. Otherwise don't worry about it.

Last edited:
HSC
my analysis on dickinson and my other perscribed text was really good....i hope it wont matter

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you analysed the language techniques extremely well, then you may get a pass. If not, you're pretty screwed.

Stop worrying about it, focus on the rest of your exams.

And stop topping up the thread. I sympathise with how you feel, but spamming the forums with your concerns is not the best way to garner an answer/sympathy.

mitchh81

HSC
i similar did this however when refering to film i stated " through the use of cross cutting and close shot it shows the indiviudals close together and belonging, however a wide shot is used to convey how the students have become segregated ' is this acceptable ??
help ??

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I disagree.

Language techniques are good, they will pay them. Admittedly, it was a film so you will lose a few marks for not taking into account its textual form at all, but you won't go from a 14/15 down to a 7/15 or anything major like that.
I meant analysis of that text is stuffed, overall - it depends on how much it was in the essay but you can't analyse a film and not mention film techniques.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
i similar did this however when refering to film i stated " through the use of cross cutting and close shot it shows the indiviudals close together and belonging, however a wide shot is used to convey how the students have become segregated ' is this acceptable ??
help ??
That's fine.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Stop sulking and move on. You can't do anything about it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)