ultimate trasfer question (1 Viewer)

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
hey guys i got a uai of 98.1 in 2003... i did first year bcom at unsw say if i wanted 2 trasfer (even thought its too late) to uts b bus which had a uai cut off of 90 something this year.

You need a min credit avg to trasfer to other unis right ??? is that a requirement
if so my question is do i need a credit grade point avg of 5 to transfer or do i need a credit avg which is >= 65 ( the avg score of all of my subject must >= 65) ...so which one does uac require when trasferring the credit grade point avg or the credit avg (of all ur scores in ur subjects).

because last year i got a P,P,P,P,C,D,D,D that gives me a gpa of =4.8 and NRSL index= 98.1+88/2=93.02

GPA of 4.8 is less then the credit=5 however the avg of my scores for my subs 67 which is greater then credit ....so if i applied for a trasfer would i get it ??? does any1 know wat iam talkin abut ????

IronMike

HSC
N/A
Your marks would add up to be credit average which gives you a chance. It's worth a try.
I think you have a good chance.
Faculty of Business at UTS requires anyone transfering into B Bus to have a minimum of credit average and high or low credit average depending on the demand (No. of applicants)
BTW, why do you want to transfer into B Bus at UTS? You didnt like B Com at UNSW?

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
"Your marks would add up to be credit average which gives you a chance." ...soo does that mean the they dont require a credit grade point avg , but u require a credit agv of 65 or above to get in .... i hate travelling on the bus every morning 2 unsw thats why i want 2 transfer

Jacks

HSC
when transferring to another uni both your GPA and your UAI are taken into account so you have a good chance of being granted your transfer. You can also write a person statement with your application detailing why you want to transfer etc, which can make you stand out and improve your chances...so just give it a go and see what comes of it...good luck!

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
the point iam tryin to make isthat do they require a minimu credit grade point avg of 5 , or a credit avg of 65 or above ???

because if they require a grade credit avg of 5 and i only got 4.8 then i cant be allowed 2 trasfer

but if they require a minmu credit avg of 65 or above for all the subjects i done soo far then i would b allowed transfer

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i fink u will transfer quiet safely to uts b bus n u would prolly get all exemptions from ur unsw subjects

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
there is nothing wrong with unsw i just hate travin on buses in the mornings ...thats y i want to trasfer to uts all u have 2 do is get of the train an u are there ....

theone123

blue essence
HSC
ur high uai will back u up so i think ur slight below credit average isnt a problem

Jacks

HSC
It would all work on your GPA anyways...so you would need a GPA that reflected a Credit point average...a credit is 65 and above anyways...but you need to average that mark in your subjects overall...even if you think you wouldn't get in the point we are making is that you should give it a try because your marks in combination with your UAI would probably see you get in :)

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
but isnt it a require that u need at least a minimum credit avg to transfer across univeristies as required by uac ???

theone123

blue essence
HSC
yea but i think uts has this personal statement thing so if u slightly under uts will consider still if u dont have credit average.

Jacks

HSC
yeah, good old personal statement...it's sort of an essay where you explain how brilliant you are and why they should accept you...so if you do it well enough they may well be kind to you...the worst that can happen is that you don't get accepted, but at least you'll know you tried so you won't have any what ifs or doubts hanging over your head...try it nonetheless, you may receive a welcomed surprise. :) give it a go, and good luck!

liveit_up

HSC
N/A
thks ppl ...i alredy got in the reason that i wannted 2 because i thought i got in due to a techincal error by uac....and on enrollment day 21 feb i want 2 apply for exemptions on my subjects done at unsw and i didnt want them 2 see my subject results and say that ...you havnt got a minmum credit avg and therefore u cant transfer and reject my offer for enrollment.

Jacks

HSC
oh congrats...hehe you should have said that in the first place...it wouldn't be a technical error, just a combination of your UAI and marks effort etc. Well done and good luck doing the course you're transferring to :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)