• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UMAT in Year 11? (1 Viewer)

HaydenLee

HSC
I read in the ACER booklet that UMAT is only available in year 12, and to do it in year 11 could result in disqualification. Talking to certain peers however, I hear of people doing UMAT in both years 11 and 12 and then being able to select the better score out of the two tests. So which is it?
  • You can only do UMAT in Year 12, or
  • You can do UMAT in Year 11 and 12 and then choose the better score.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Nah that doesn't sound right. I've never heard of them doing that.

How reliable are your sources. Have any of them actually gotten in that way, or is it a "friend of a friend" story?

BigDk

HSC
I read in the ACER booklet that UMAT is only available in year 12, and to do it in year 11 could result in disqualification. Talking to certain peers however, I hear of people doing UMAT in both years 11 and 12 and then being able to select the better score out of the two tests. So which is it?
  • You can only do UMAT in Year 12, or
  • You can do UMAT in Year 11 and 12 and then choose the better score.
jeez for people who wanna study medicine, you sure cant comprehend simple engrish do ya.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Short answer no, because it's essentially cheating.

Page 5 of the UMAT info booklet: "Students whose current educational level is Year 11 or lower are NOT eligible to take UMAT. This includes Year 11 students undertaking one or more Year 12 subjects."

See www.umat.acer.edu.au for more info.

It's also on the front page of the webpage: "Who should sit UMAT? UMAT is available to any candidate whose educational level at the time of sitting the test is their final year of secondary schooling, or higher. Candidates registering for UMAT2009 should have already completed, or plan to COMPLETE their final year of secondary schooling in 2009 (ie Year 12 in Australia; Year 13 in New Zealand)."

You cannot sit it in year 11, if you get caught by the medical school you maybe disqualified for applying to med school for that year, etc. Using a score from sitting umat in year 11 is blatanly stupid as the med school will automatically know you sat it early and they prob will disqualify you.

Last edited:

lionking1191

HSC
yeah strictly speaking you can only do it in y12...but there are people who's done it in year 11 and i suppose it's a matter of how not to get caught... :rudolf:

BigDk

HSC
u fuken idiots. they never take your better of two marks anyway. it is always take the LATEST result.

anyway no medical school would accept someone who hasnt completed year 12 anyway. so this question is fcuken stupid and irrelevant.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
u fuken idiots. they never take your better of two marks anyway. it is always take the LATEST result.

anyway no medical school would accept someone who hasnt completed year 12 anyway. so this question is fcuken stupid and irrelevant.
Not entirely true. UNSW take ur highest umat score and not the latest one.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hmmmm

given how some medical schools operate... you could find urself up shit creek..

-not understanding rules
-intentionally disobeying rules
-they can argue that you are decietful and hence would improper to be a medical doctor despite ur scores.. trust >>>>>>>> Umat scores
-just cos you can bill medicare that many times doesnt mean its a good idea.. ... sounds like the starting board to being a lil sociopath :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)