• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UMAT Prep Courses = helpful? Face2Face? (1 Viewer)

limecookie

HSC
Hey,

Recently, Michael Caristo came to my school to talk about Face2Face UMAT prep courses.
It looks to be pretty good, but I was wondering if UMAT prep courses are really necessary? If you attended any, could you please tell me if it actually helped you?? What is your opinion of Face2Face?

Thanks.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
He's resorting to visiting schools now, geez. No there not necessary. Face2face is run by 3 med students, some of there material is good bit's of it are dodgy though. Also they didn't teach how do alot of questions properly, etc.

doink

Clone
HSC
I wouldn't bother with workshops because they are usually not very good with 3 people and about 100 students the time will not be valuable. The practice exams however give you an edge over the other people who only have the ACER booklets.

bubbly89

HSC
I went to one of these, while it was useful it was totally overpriced for what you got. If I had the chance to do it again, I'd keep my money and go buy some clothes :p yes I like shopping.

Your med interview is like a pretty much a job interview with one added twist. They want to make sure you have a life and are not up yourself. Its very important, but I think you either have it or you don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)