UN gears up to attack Israel, defend Hizballah (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
The UN, led by the perennially courageous France, threaten to attack Israel for conducting harmless military exercises while simultaneously condemning Israel as worse than Hizballah.

UNIFIL have been keeping watch over the region (but only during the day) so their friends Hizballah can safely re-arm ready to attack Lebanon. God knows they can't do anything else.

Of course that shouldn't surprise anyone considering the UN's entire purpose is to meet regularly to condemn Israel (3 times this year) and no one else. Their facilities were also a good place for Hizballah fighters to fire from during the war with Israel.

Meanwhile genocides and terrorism around the world go un-condemned, largely because the perpetrators are sitting on the UN human rights council condemning Israel. Why does this organisation exist?

ZabZu

HSC
The UN is very critical of Israel, as our foreign minister (Downer) had outlined a number of times. I think some of this criticism is justified such as Israel's harsh response against the Lebanese people.

However, the UN hasnt spoken out enough against the actions and strategies of terrorist groups such as Hezbollah and Hamas.

I would expect and hope that the UNIFIL would do their best to ensure Hezbollah doesnt receive any weapons from Syria. This is even more critical given the period of instability in Lebanon with these assassinations and threats of demonstrations to topple the pro-western government.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Because the UN is an overbloated and latently hijacked bureaucracratic black hole. I mean the UNHRC (human rights council) has sported such admirable membership as the PRC, Zimbabwe, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Algeria, Syria and Lybia .. now that what I call a human righs council LOL

The best way to correct the UN is to proverbially starve the beast, or cut funding about tenfold until all the UN can afford are its truly useful components which are the UNGA, UNSC and the ICJ in some limited capacity ... and those nice UN butter cookies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)