uni course through subject (1 Viewer)

rubypinky:)

HSC
just curious if i wanna do something similiar to ux design, creative tech or mutimedia design, is ipt relevant to the 1st year or at least similiar. Or does ipt not relevant to this at all? as design tech hsc course is more relevant?!!?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
IPT provides a good introduction to technology as a whole. The core topics may provide a foundation of knowledge that is relevant to studies beyond the HSC, including those that you are interested in. For example, the project management topic covers skills that can be applied to any field, including the ones that you mentioned. Generally speaking, projects are completed in most fields, and the knowledge that you would gain from the project management topic would therefore contribute to said foundation as you begin your university studies in your chosen field. There may also be a loose link between the information systems and databases topic and your study interests beyond the HSC, although I am not entirely sure whether there would be a link between the communication systems topic and those fields. I would assume that the communication systems topic would be more closely linked to areas such as cybersecurity. For example, UTS's Bachelor of Cybersecurity includes a unit called "Introduction to Information Systems", where it seems that the foundation that IPT provides would be beneficial.

The answer to your question would also depend on the option topics that you will be taught at your school. Here, I believe that the multimedia systems topic would be one of the more relevant option topics in terms of your study interests, especially areas such as UX design and multimedia design, in which case you would likely gain a foundation that covers relevant concepts, which you would subsequently expand as you begin and progress through your university studies.

I hope this helps! 😄

rubypinky:)

HSC
thank you so so much. My options are mutimedia and you got that right! so can i just get a confirmation IPT is more relevant to all the fields i mentioned above than design tech hsc course?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
thank you so so much. My options are mutimedia and you got that right! so can i just get a confirmation IPT is more relevant to all the fields i mentioned above than design tech hsc course?
No worries. I hope you find multimedia systems interesting! Since I did not take Design and Technology, I sadly cannot confirm its relevance compared to that of IPT. Perhaps someone else who took or is currently taking this subject could provide their thoughts.

wizzkids

HSC
just curious if i wanna do something similiar to ux design, creative tech or mutimedia design, is ipt relevant to the 1st year or at least similiar. Or does ipt not relevant to this at all? as design tech hsc course is more relevant?!!?
Here is an extract from the Stage 6 Design and Technology syllabus:
Students will develop:
1. knowledge and understanding about design theory and design processes in a range of contexts
A student:
• P1.1 examines design theory and practice, and considers the factors affecting designing and producing in design projects
• H1.1 critically analyses the factors affecting design and the development and success of design projects
• H1.2 relates the practices and processes of designers and producers to the major design project
I feel that you would enjoy the D & T course more than IPT. There are parts of IPT that are relevant to your interests, but there is also a lot of stuff in IPT (Transactional Processing Systems etc) that you might not enjoy so much. Whereas the D & T course can be customised to exactly what you enjoy, and the Yr.12 major work would give you full scope to explore your interests and create a real-world multimedia product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)