Uni of Newcastle (Problem) (1 Viewer)

CJ

Hey, I'm having a go at the HSC for a second time (I know, I'm stubourn) and I'm looking at these UAI's and having a few little niggly naggly doubts about hitting the mark for the BA...

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who knew of a way I could beg borrow or steal my way into this course if my UAI doesn't make it. I've worked so hard and I don't want to have done thing twice and not be able to go after all that.

CJ

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I think some UNIs do give in and let extra people in if you ring up and liteally beg, if you only missed out by a few points. It's really at the UNIs deiscretion who they let in or not...I know the published cut off for my course was like 89, and my friend got 86 and just assumed he wasn't gonna get in-but he still got an offer in the main round-no begging necessary! Or-if you have a few spare thousand dollars just lying around-you could be a fee paying student.

But if you work hard enough then you should get a UAI high enough and you won't have to worry about any of this! What UAI do you need?

CJ

Looking at past UAI cut offs I'm going to guess in the mid to late 70's. The UAI I got before was 62 point something or other. I'm worried that even if I ace the three subjects I'm doing I wont be able to bring the mark up.

I missed a lot of time my first HSC year, there were some family issues and such, and I couldn't afford to take on a full HSC this year (not made of money and I have to work).

I can beg. I am like, the queen of grovelling.... maybe...

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
did you say you wanna do a BA? cos the cut off at newy this year was like, 77 or something crazy like that.

just do newstep if you fuck up

profernity

HSC
I think you can apply for ACCESS which can reduce the UAI cutoff by a few points. Also, you might want to try applying for uni scholarships. Don't know about Newcastle specifically though...

CJ

I'm re-taking Biology (which I didn't actually DO before, I dumped it after prelim), Modern History and Maths.

It's absolutly impossible to get my other subjects through TAFE. Nowhere near here does Ancient History, Advanced English and all it's little extensions and I don't really have the time to devote to doing them through Oten. Not that I could afford to do a full year anyway... Still have to worry about rent.

What exactly is a Dean Admition? I've never heard of it before. And does anyone know who to call to ask about scholarships and such?

CJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)