• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Units (2 Viewers)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
:rofl: go abdoooo
what context is this in?
it depends on what you think is best for you
10 is good because you can concerntrate on your 5 subjects. bad because you have nothing to call back on. i guess you can say so fo the 10+ units. that you have units to fall back on. the only problem is that you have 20% more work to do with every 2 units.
it also depends on youre susb. like you have to do 12 units if you're doing 4 unit maths / 4 unit english. (at least 4 subjects)

Lainee

HSC
cloudpkk - are you in the process of picking up/choosing subjects? Cause if you tell us your subjects and some more information, we can start arguing... I mean... give you some advice on it. :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
sif not do 20 (or was it more?) like that dude from JR who got 100 uai did? :p
Or you could have some sort of resemblence of a life. His parents must of locked in him his room or something and fed him through a hole.

cloudpkk

The Pwner!
HSC
N/A
I am doing 2 unit english (standard), 4unit math, 3unit histoy (2unit is ancient), chemistry and physic.

i'm thinking of droping 3 unit history and ancient history...
then i will have 10 units which then i can have more time for other subs..

cloudpkk

The Pwner!
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Xayma
Or you could have some sort of resemblence of a life. His parents must of locked in him his room or something and fed him through a hole.
lol if my parents did that i'll kill them :chainsaw: both of them :D

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
How would you know which ones they are? You would have forgotten what they look like, the local librarian probably took their place.

Lainee

HSC
Originally posted by cloudpkk
I am doing 2 unit english (standard), 4unit math, 3unit histoy (2unit is ancient), chemistry and physic.

i'm thinking of droping 3 unit history and ancient history...
then i will have 10 units which then i can have more time for other subs..
Are you dropping it because you want to free up some time or for other reasons - lack of interest, underperforming etc?

I think histories are a fairly heavy, time-consuming subject especially with all the reading. It'll certainly free up alot of your time so that you can focus on your other 10 units more. Why don't you drop the extension history first and see how you go with 12 units first?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i dropped geography and im thankful
- i was doing bad in it anyway
- our teacher went on leave for 2 terms then ended up quitting so we had a substitute.. she was really nice and stuff but i didnt really learn anything from her..
- i felt stoopid in my class.. all my friends were like really smart
- got more lunchtime finishes/late starts

thats from my point of view.. with my geo assessments they were very time consuming and im glad i dont have to do them this yr

Lainee

HSC
Heh, I dropped Chem coming into Yr12 for almost the same reasons as cro_angel except that my teacher was notoriously crap. I spent more time doing the crossword in Chem lessons than actually getting anything done. Now that I look back, if I wasn't so rash in dropping it and just tried to change to another class, I might have done well in it simply because I liked it even though I never excelled in it. :)

cloudpkk

The Pwner!
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lainee
Are you dropping it because you want to free up some time or for other reasons - lack of interest, underperforming etc?
well i wanted to drop history because i dont really need it for any science/eng degree which i wanted to do in the future.
i'm not getting bad marks at all just that i wanted to free up space/time.

The thing is if i have 10 units is it risky?
or should i do 12 units?

Lainee

HSC
Risky depends on how well you do in your other subjects and what you're aiming for. :) If I assume you're doing moderately well in your other subjects, I would still say 12 units - mostly because I'm petrified of falling sick during the exams and screwing one exam up. Just remember that dropping a subject is infinitely easier than picking it up again when you realised you made a mistake.

cloudpkk

The Pwner!
HSC
N/A
Are you able to pickup a subject you have droped?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)