University in the US (1 Viewer)

RoboStar

HSC
N/A
I have recieved a sports scholarship offer for a division 2 university in the US, I was originally thinking about doing Exercise Science and a masters of physio over here, but now that i've recieved this offer, i'm weighing up my options. I know if I take this scholarship I won't have to worry about HECS fees, and i'll be able to continue doing my sport of their while doing my degree, but I was wondering is there any difference between Division 1 and 2 academically? and if I did the general Health/Science degree over their i'd be able to return to Australia and do a masters of physio or is their another degree I could do to lead me into physio here in Australia?

X

xeuyrawp

I have recieved a sports scholarship offer for a division 2 university in the US, I was originally thinking about doing Exercise Science and a masters of physio over here, but now that i've recieved this offer, i'm weighing up my options. I know if I take this scholarship I won't have to worry about HECS fees, and i'll be able to continue doing my sport of their while doing my degree, but I was wondering is there any difference between Division 1 and 2 academically? and if I did the general Health/Science degree over their i'd be able to return to Australia and do a masters of physio or is their another degree I could do to lead me into physio here in Australia?
Generally Division II universities aren't as academically strong as the Division I ones, however remember that this is a sporting term and not an academic term, so I'm sure there are exceptions, eg UChicago which is Division III. Note that a lot of awesome schools (eg UChicago) don't offer sporting scholarships and have to be DIII. It would be better if you told us which uni you're referring to. Have you looked at the rankings and such?

This is really a question for collegeconfidential, though, really. Infact I'm sure the question has been asked many times.

As stated in many other threads, I don't see why you would go to a US uni unless a) you're really rich, or b) you get an offer to a fantastic uni. Especially for something like Sport/Health/Medical which is going to essentially be exactly the same here and there for the first three years. It's graduate study which is really different between here and the US, and not undergrad, imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)