University Libraries for Assignments (1 Viewer)

slowjam10

HSC
Hey, i have an historical investigation for Modern History and i have chosen to focus on McCarthyism during the 1950's. I was thinking that i would focus specifically on Hollywood but i still I haven't narrowed it down to a question yet. But anyway i have found that all the resources are contained in university libraries, especially Fisher Library at Usyd.

I was wondering has anyone ever borrowed something from a university library before? I looked at their website it says that you have to get your school to fill in a form and a pay $50.00 membership fee. I dont know how often i would even use the uni library anyway its a fair hike to get to. So, if anyone has accessed a uni library could they please tell me what they did. It would be GREATLY appreciated. :):)

ALLLICE

HSC
Hey there...Macquarie Uni offers a library borrowing scheme for all Extension History students. To get the card it's an annual fee of $25. Trust me though, using uni libraries gives you an edge in history subjects and can really boost your grades if used appropriately....this was my experience anyway :) I got the card in year 12 and never looked twice at my school library again.

http://www.lib.mq.edu.au/borrowing/hscx.html

Though if you're just doing Modern History then I don't know if you can get a card at Macq =/

EDIT: I just realised your an '08er so I don't know if that info would be of any use to you yet :p

Last edited:

Cheap Thrills

HSC
I've gone into Fisher once before. I just read and photocopied out of books. I think it was like 15c per page or something. Definitely go because it has shitloads of resources there. Even if you have to photocopy like a whole book, its worth it.

HSC
surely you or one of your friends knows someone who could get it from the library for you?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Cheap Thrills said:
I've gone into Fisher once before. I just read and photocopied out of books. I think it was like 15c per page or something. Definitely go because it has shitloads of resources there. Even if you have to photocopy like a whole book, its worth it.
11 cents per black A4 page, think i wasted a few dollars there lately :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)