UNSW Actuary (1 Viewer)

sudhan

HSC
My selection rank is 97.55. Is that enough for Actuary at UNSW? I have a Macquarie offer from SRS so if I don't get it, I would just go there.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your selection rank exceeds the lowest selection rank for UNSW's Bachelor of Actuarial Studies (being 95). However, it does not exceed the median selection rank of 98.48. Based on this, it would be safe to assume that you do have a chance of receiving an offer to study this degree, although your chances may not be extremely high.

With that being said, congratulations on your offer at MQ! It is good that you have secured an alternative option since you will not have to worry much in the event where you don't receive an offer from UNSW. MQ's Bachelor of Actuarial Studies remains a well-structured, reputable program and constitutes a very good study path.

I hope this helps! :D

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
So meeting the LSR of a course, doesn't guarantee entry?
It probably doesn't since it is likely that several students that have applied to this degree have also met the LSR, possibly making admission into the Bachelor of Actuarial Studies more competitive, meaning that a higher selection rank would maximise an applicant's chances of receiving an offer to study this degree. For instance, as of term 1 2021, 25 students were admitted on the basis of ATAR (or selection rank). Refer to UNSW's student profile by degree:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
It may be of some interest to note that Macquarie had (the only, in NSW) the Actuary programme long before UNSW.

icycledough

HSC
My selection rank is 97.55. Is that enough for Actuary at UNSW? I have a Macquarie offer from SRS so if I don't get it, I would just go there.
What I should add is that I got an ATAR of 97.60 and was able to get an offer from UNSW for actuary. But keep in mind that the median ATAR does slightly change each year so things do look good, but definitely aren't set in stone as of yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)