• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uow (1 Viewer)

mungi

HSC
hey im thinking of doin a bach of commerce after the hsc and i know all about UTS, UNSW and USYD in terms of their commerce course. however, i dont have much info on UOW commerce course. what is it like in comparsion to the 3 i have mentioned?

Thanks in advance

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
wrong_turn said:
get really good marks if you're there? :|
My understanding is you should aim for good marks at any institution.

OP- Wollongong is quite good. Correct, it lacks the sandstone prestige of the inner city uni's but on the same page it also lacks a negative stigma associated towards other uni's eg UWS. I know many grads who've gone on to great jobs and their CV's are regarded pretty much just as competitve with employers (particularly with commerce). UOW is a very nice uni atmosphere wise; it is more relaxed than Sydney and the surrounding social life is very good in Wollongong. This may not suit everyone, but it suits me as I live nearby and never considered anywhere else- purely because I didn't wanna move away. From comparisons I've made the commerce curriculum is very similar to UNSW in style and content (we use to be part of UNSW), although it is slightly less mathematical- dont have to do calculus/matrix algebra etc only stats.

Im just completing my first year of commerce subjects- so drop us a PM if you have questions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)