• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Urgent need for opinions! (1 Viewer)

casxdisasters

HSC
Desperately.
I have an english speech I have to do.
For "Imaginative Journeys - Creative Writing Component"

This isn't the question. It's a question I need to have answered for part of my speech. So, do your best, use your imaginations please! I don't care if it seems silly, I seriously need as many opinions as possible!

what would you describe SAPPHIRE as, without using the word colour, or sapphire?
pretend you dont know about colour
you live in a world of black, white and shades of grey
everything is so dull
nouns are okay. but you've never seen colour before, so yes, sapphire might be around, but its GREY to you. until now. you see a little rabbit, with these sapphire eyes, how would you describe them if its the first hint of colour you've ever seen?

you live in a pretty much communist society - theres no colour- nothing.
you were born with an imaginations
you do things out of the ordinary
and one day, you're wandering along the river in the forest, by yourself. and theres a little grey rabbit. with these brilliant sapphire eyes, but theyre not sapphire because you've never seen colour before
theyre just/ there/.
theyre different
you dont know what to make of it
what DO you make of it?

<b>Unfortunately this is only for the first PART of my speech. I do desperately need opinions on this though, I do think that I've bitten off a little more than I can chew >.< I know what I need to have, I just need some opinions.</b>

emca

HSC
is it a large rabbit and do i have my gun? if you answer these two questions and write out the actual question you've been given and how long your speech has to go for I'll help. Oh and I'm a teacher honest and truely so my help will be beneficial

emca

HSC
I'm thinking you ought to consider the nature of man kind. Australian colonial history provides an interseting insight. The attitude of the new settlers to this land had an attitude of if it moves kill it. If it does not chop it down. this was an attitude generated by people in a situation not dis-simmilar to the one you describe. Everything is foriegn to them kangaroos, koori's and gum trees. Like us today everything they dont understand like islam for example is treated with fear and distrust. When the first kangaroo skeleton was brought to England the scientist concluded it was a practical joke and not real. Bazaar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)