URGENT!!! Peter Skryznecki!!!! (1 Viewer)

JayneIsRad

HSC
N/A
heyy i am doing P.Skryznecki and i am having trouble finding good supplemntry texts for physical journey that related easy to crossing the red sea, post card and immigrants at central station...

i also need a better understanding of what those poems are about and techniques used in them!!

if anyone can help me with any of this it will b really apreciated!! im stressing!

N

Nicola1616

These poems have so many different themes it's hard to find something that relates to them all. My daughter did the film, 'Elizabeth Town' with Orlando Bloom because it was really connected to Skryznecki's 'Postcard' and 'Felix Skryznecki'. They both have the themes of the haunting resonnance of heritage, place of birth and the second generation experience of feeling a yearning for the past and yet feeling a stranger to it - fits really well with 'A Drive in the Country' for the same reasons. A good film for 'Crossing the Red Sea' is 'Stand by Me' with a very young (and still alive!) River Pheonix. You can draw out themes and ideas about the soothing nature of silence and isolation from a troubled present and how this draws out the expression of repressed feelings - nice shots of the four boys dwarfed by a huge landscape and them their ability to find a safe space to just 'be' and reflect safely on their troubled lives. The effect the journey has upon relationships by forming tight bonds of kinship also fits here with 'Crossing. Hmmmm I've heard that the original 'Titanic', the old one, has a lot of images of poor Italian immigrants, bewildered and afraid. I haven't seen it but worth a try. I have always thought that 'Little Miss Sunshine would be a great journey text for many of the same reasons. I'd really consider finding a good ORT and one that you love and then re-thinking your choice of Skryznecki poems to complement - good luck

2inspr

HSC
"Journey to freedom" by Hai Van Nguyen is perfect to go with "Crossing the Red Sea"

Good Luck!

Spelling: Helps to spell the Composer's name right ^^

Last edited:

stuartgeddes1

HSC
the short story "Envys Fire" by sierge liberman and the Robert De Niro movie "City by the Sea" both of these fit well with Felicks Skrzynecki as both of these texts deal with fathers and son taking different journies through life and the effect which their lives have had upon their relationships

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)