URGENT QUESTION ON COMPUTER SCIENCE/SWE (1 Viewer)

HSC
Is there any way to know if I would like these courses prior to enrolment? Just don't want to waste one year considering I have never coded before. Any help would be appreciated especially, considering UAC deadlines are approaching fast. Like is there a way I can know if these courses are for me (in terms of liking) in a week or two?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Is there any way to know if I would like these courses prior to enrolment? Just don't want to waste one year considering I have never coded before. Any help would be appreciated especially, considering UAC deadlines are approaching fast. Like is there a way I can know if these courses are for me (in terms of liking) in a week or two?
Go to the uni open days when they happen and talk to the people who are doing that degree at the stalls. Reading the uni websites probably not going to give you that same level of indication about what the courses are like since the universities usually exaggerate things to sell people on doing a degree

Porogamiii

HSC
See if this video interests you and if you find it really interesting/cool as this is what originally got me into coding:

Also if you want some hands-on experience, try taking the first few lectures of this intro to CS class by Harvard: https://cs50.harvard.edu/college/2021/fall/weeks/0/

If you enjoyed these then you'll likely find CS/SWE to be a great option as you've seen it as an end product and from a beginner's point of view. I personally had no intention of studying CS/SWE until a few months ago and after watching cool stuff others have made and having fun creating some projects of my own in python I thought why not study it at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)