• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

[urgent] Question! (1 Viewer)

HSCExamMarker

HSC
N/A
Well.. guys... i am having problems.. lol

firstly, can i use pencil instead of pen in HSC?

somehow i do better with pencil -_- lol i know this sounds weird,, :p

and the graphing stuff,,,do we need to draw using appartus? like rular..;;

since, exam time is not enought, i don wanna waste my time on using those stuff.. any comments??

Riviet

HSC
N/A
For sketching curves, you would only need a pen to do that, and ruler for drawing the axes, that's about it.

vwola

HSC
So we can draw our graphs in pencil? Kool. Thats a question ive been dwelling on for a while, and i been practicing my graphs with pencil so woooot!!!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I dont know, it's best to email bos themselves to ask these questions

rama_v

HSC
My teacher marked the HSC for extension two last year
I asked her if you get zero for drawing in pencil, she said thats rubbish - the only reason they ask that you draw in pen rather than pencil is because the markers usualy mark late at night and its hard to see anything thats drawn in pencil. Use pencil if you want, but if you can, try to use pen :)
Note that you won't be penalised for it.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
although you are not supposed 2 use pencil, i did last year and i improved on my school aligned mark by 4....at school i used pen

so moral of that story is...they dont just mark you wrong because u use pencil, it helped me and may help you, although you do run the risk of it rubbing off...(chances of this are....well ill leave you to decide this one)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
On a slightly different note, are you allowed to do the parts of each question out of order instead of leaving a gap for parts you can't do?

Antwan23q

God
HSC
i dont see why not, u do different questions in different books. so it aint that hard to go through a booklet to find the different parts if they are out of order.

Antwan23q

God
HSC
lol, i never used one all year, but i bought one, aswell as a compass just incase

justchillin

HSC
I can't use compasses...they always slip on me...I've just 2 oversized circles whcih i can draw around as well as a mathaid...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
antwan2bu said:
lol, i never used one all year, but i bought one, aswell as a compass just incase
Heh...I usually just draw my circles free-hand. It takes up time having to use a compass and draw a perfect diagram...

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Vampire said:
free-hand all the way!
dula...ive seen your post exam handwriting and presentation....thats the perfect example of why someone should use a circlemagigski

HSC
I usually draw circles free hand, however i think i may use a compass, tomoro. Basically its so I can see where the circle truly crosses the axes, and also in circle geo, so that my diagrams actualy resemble something of the one in the question booklet.

BTW, can we draw our circle geo diagrams in pencil - not that we get marks for our diagrams anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)