urgent! (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
help !
how do we pay for bus from central to unsw (891 or whatever its called)
is there some sort of ticket u buy or what ?
i tried looking but cant find anything
thanks

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
If you have a travelpass or other similar tickets they go in the bus ticket machine and pop back out. If you don't, you give the driver $1.40, flash your student card, and go sit down.

Affinity

HSC
Sometimes they sell tickets at the stop before you get on.

If you plan to use travel tens it's the brown one.

Depending on where you live., say if you need to take a train to central and have 4-5 days you will likely find travel passes better.

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Buy a pass. This goes for everyone. Cheaper, easier, and paying on the bus just holds things up for everyone.

HSC
that includes a travelten ? D: im not familiar with the terminology

Pace_T

HSC
whats the difference between travelpass and traveltens?
i cant find any information on this :(
also does the travelten ticket go in the bus machine as well
thanks

wanton-wonton

HSC
Pace_T said:
whats the difference between travelpass and traveltens?
i cant find any information on this :(
also does the travelten ticket go in the bus machine as well
thanks
I think TravelTens can only be used on buses while TravelPasses can be used on Rail, Bus and Ferry (depending on what colour, maybe).

For me, TravelTens are worth more, 'cause I can still use my School RailPass from last year (expires on the 31st of March).

Pace_T

HSC
k thanks
also one more thing
what colour travelten would i need if i wanted to travel with unsw express bus 891 and then back to central with the bus to the rail way (wahts it's number?)
thanks.

Vylen

HSC
Pace_T said:
k thanks
also one more thing
what colour travelten would i need if i wanted to travel with unsw express bus 891 and then back to central with the bus to the rail way (wahts it's number?)
thanks.
Brown (Student) - thats sections 3 to 5...
and there are two bus-shelters on Anzac Parade, the left one is the "rail service" and the right one is the "city service" all rail service busses go to central, no need to care about the number really

if you want to buy the travel ten, there's a small news agency on the exit of Central on eddy avenue that sells them... its hard to describe where it is but say when you exit the boom gates there are sets of stores on the left and right side, the news agency is on the right

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
It's good to check out Travel Passes though, because you can use them unlimited, and travel on both the train + 891 bus to UNSW and back.

E.g. For me, I need to head to central from pennant station, then catch 891 bus, then almost the same way back home, hence, I'll be taking more than 10 trips [Traveltens only allow you to travel 10 times, so heading to unsw is one, then returning is another, keep that in mind].

You can also buy travel passes at CityRail, though it gets activated immediately, so just buy one every Monday.

Vylen

HSC
Rekkusu said:
It's good to check out Travel Passes though, because you can use them unlimited, and travel on both the train + 891 bus to UNSW and back.

E.g. For me, I need to head to central from pennant station, then catch 891 bus, then almost the same way back home, hence, I'll be taking more than 10 trips [Traveltens only allow you to travel 10 times, so heading to unsw is one, then returning is another, keep that in mind].

You can also buy travel passes at CityRail, though it gets activated immediately, so just buy one every Monday.
im with him... i use a weekly travel pass cause i travel by train from liverpool...
its basic maths to see whats cheaper and efficient... and sometimes there may be times when you want to travel around to the city and back between lectures or something... so the unlimitedness of the travelpass reigns supreme over a travel ten

Pace_T

HSC
Vylen said:
im with him... i use a weekly travel pass cause i travel by train from liverpool...
its basic maths to see whats cheaper and efficient... and sometimes there may be times when you want to travel around to the city and back between lectures or something... so the unlimitedness of the travelpass reigns supreme over a travel ten

thanks for your replies ppl
yeah i think i might do that
i was iniitially going from glenfield cos its closer to my house but then the travelpass would be expensive
if i want the ~$23 travelpass (pink) i have to go to liverpool and catch the train there
it still works out cheaper even tho im going there 4 days a week

so can i buy this travelpass from the newsagent at liverpool station?

ur from carnes hill eh? thats a couple of mins from my house :D
out of curiousity, what engineering r u doing vylen?

Vylen

HSC
oh, im doing Software Engineering.. (yay for me)

and if you're gonna buy a travel pass just buy it from the ticket booths at the station...

and where do you live? heh, if its just a couple mins, i'd imagine you're from prestons... i live at Greenway Park to be precise

Pace_T

HSC
Vylen said:
oh, im doing Software Engineering.. (yay for me)

and if you're gonna buy a travel pass just buy it from the ticket booths at the station...

and where do you live? heh, if its just a couple mins, i'd imagine you're from prestons... i live at Greenway Park to be precise

Yeah im from prestons, the side thats really close to carnes hill :O

HSC
dont get any ideas about stealing the hot women at uni pace_t, you italian stallion you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)