UTS Co-op Accounting (1 Viewer)

ethancooler996

HSC
Does anyone do or know anyone who does a co-op accounting at uts? Asking because I want to get into finance (pref. investment banking or asset management) but my advisor keeps on recommending this degree because of the financial benefits and the work placements. Also, is it hard to get internships in uni especially for finance? (if its not difficult, then I dont see a point doing work placements for accounting when I can just go straight into finance)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I think because the finance field is of high interest to a lot of people, it would probably be better to be in a degree that guarantees work placement (like this one). I guess it would also depend on if you know anyone in the field already who can get you an interview at a company. However, I can't speak from personal experience how hard it is to get internships

From what I know, you need to have been accepted for an interview to get into that course (which has already occurred) - however, someone correct me I might be wrong.

Hope this might be of some help

ethancooler996

HSC
I think because the finance field is of high interest to a lot of people, it would probably be better to be in a degree that guarantees work placement (like this one). I guess it would also depend on if you know anyone in the field already who can get you an interview at a company. However, I can't speak from personal experience how hard it is to get internships

From what I know, you need to have been accepted for an interview to get into that course (which has already occurred) - however, someone correct me I might be wrong.

Hope this might be of some help
I believe that the second round for this is open and so applications are still open. I am still debating whether to do this or finance at unsw or usyd, but I think I will apply to for the uts co op because it doesnt hurt to. thanks for the reply

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I believe that the second round for this is open and so applications are still open. I am still debating whether to do this or finance at unsw or usyd, but I think I will apply to for the uts co op because it doesnt hurt to. thanks for the reply
As a back up, Wollongong would also be a good choice given it is a cfa affiliate university and you want to do asset management

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
USYD and UNSW all comes down to preference, but UNSW is generally the better uni of the two in business/economics area

Go to the open days if you can, they may be able to answer your queries

stormi21

HSC
USYD and UNSW all comes down to preference, but UNSW is generally the better uni of the two in business/economics area

Go to the open days if you can, they may be able to answer your queries
what makes you say that UNSW is better for that area? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)