• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uws early offer (1 Viewer)

mat!!!

HSC
let me first begin by giving u the background;
my top preferences are as follows: Sydney uni Physio
UWS Physio
sydney uni exercise sports science
Now, i have just received an early offer for UWS physio for the EARLY JANUARY ROUND (BEFORE THE MAIN ROUND) however i am hesitant to accept the offer as to except it i must put UWS as my first preference before january 3rd (closing date for early january round) as the early january offers are released on january 5. I am hesitant as im worried if i put UWS first and accept the offer it jeopardizes any possibility of receiving an offer from sydney uni for physio in the main round as it is the 2nd preference now.
am i correct?, If i accept this offer and put it as my first preference can i still receive offers in the main round? please assist me in the process for offers as i am really confused!
thanks
p.s i received an atar below last years physio at sydney cut-off however i have heard physio at sydney uni may go down due to the entry of physio at UWS hence the broadway scheme at sydney may assist me to receive an offer at sydney uni for physiotherapy
thanks in advance

Last edited:

snorlaxx

Banned
HSC
its possible to accept it for the time being, you're able to change after the main round offers.

Source: contacted UWS.

mat!!!

HSC
so u mean i can put uws as my first preference until jan 3rd (closing daate for early jan offers) then i will be able to receive the uws offer to accept it once its released on jan 5th?
so After jan 3rd (but before jan 6th) i can change sydney uni back to first preference to still receive main round offers? Then i can decide if i should keep uws or accept another new offer in the main round

plz reply thanks

Doomah

HSC
if you accept you are signing a contract to be at UWS for the next 3 year, jail and or financial penalty will be handed out if you do not obey

Sayangliss

HSC
To OP. I received early offer for UWS as well, but for a different course but I have no intention of going there however.

From what I understand in the email they sent me, even if you don't put it as your first preference, it just means you don't accept their early January round offer. When it comes to mainrounds, if you don't get accepted into your other offers, you'll still be considered for your UWS course. I actually think that if you accept early Jan round, you won't be considered for your other preferences during mainrounds if you put UWS first.

TunaFish

HSC
In the email it says "If you receive offers in both the Early January Round and the Main Round, both offers are valid and you can choose the course you would like to study when you accept and enrol."

So does this mean we can hold 2 offers from different unis at the end of main round and have the choice of choosing either options through enrolling at our chosen uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)