• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Vapd???? (1 Viewer)

Mishelli

HSC
I was wondering how important it is to record things in your VAPD, how much is everybody putting in? I only have about 6 pages or so, and what are you putting in? I'm having alot of trouble and worrying my arss off.

Michelle

winicat

HSC
it is important to keep your VAPD as it made be used by markers as a reference to clarify your work as your own (or any other problems they are having with the connection of your ideas, etc). it really is a personal thing as to how much you actually "write" in your journal but it is important to be kept. just stick in any rough drawings/sketches or preliminary images you create. also put in things that inspire or interest you, even if they are totally unrelated to your work. research about artists and works that you like or (probably more importantly) are related to your work are also good things to put in.

this is just a way to "fill" your journal really. all in all it depends on what you and your teacher want out of it. how much waiting in internal assessments does your journal hold? it's not hard to make up a bunch of stuff to put in it if that makes you feel better/safer. maybe it's just a case of setting aside certain time you work on it. in comparison, how much of your physical BOW have you done?

Mishelli

HSC
I've got the concept and ideas for my physical BOW all planned its has just been a matter of deciding on and getting the matereals, (so in other words, litteraly nothing that can actually be submitted yet) I should be starting in about a week when my stuff arives.

KittyKristy

Kristy
HSC
VAPD: not that important.

Well I've noticed that the VAPD diary isn't really important except for school assessment tasks where development is important, but other than that... the markers marking your HSC will not even look at it unless they suspect that the work is not fully done by yourself, if they need to check what your concept of your artwork is or if you're artwork has been selected to be printed in the Art Express, they will check you diary for some information about your work to put in the Art Express. If you do Textiles, you'll know that a supporting document is to be handed in with you major work... this is very different to art, although you have to submit your diary or a process of how you constructed you artwork, in textiles, the portfolio is worth 50% while the major work is also worth 50% so alot more work is put into the portfolio, this is not the case with art, it is not as important as your major work.. so u don't have to stress to much

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
not very, my diary got pulled up by art express and that's the only time it ever really mattered to me. Like other than in-school assessments.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
winicat said:
it is important to keep your VAPD as it made be used by markers as a reference to clarify your work as your own (or any other problems they are having with the connection of your ideas, etc). it really is a personal thing as to how much you actually "write" in your journal but it is important to be kept. just stick in any rough drawings/sketches or preliminary images you create. also put in things that inspire or interest you, even if they are totally unrelated to your work. research about artists and works that you like or (probably more importantly) are related to your work are also good things to put in.

this is just a way to "fill" your journal really. all in all it depends on what you and your teacher want out of it. how much waiting in internal assessments does your journal hold? it's not hard to make up a bunch of stuff to put in it if that makes you feel better/safer. maybe it's just a case of setting aside certain time you work on it.
I have to agree

Pierotte

HSC
for ur VAPD simply ask your teahcer what they're looking for then put it in. The teachers are the only ones marking them and if yours are anything like mine their soooOOOooo fucking dumb and just dont understand originality anymore... The VAPD is supposed to be all about the art making process, but if u think abstractly and paint then think about it making a credible VAPD can be tough.... but in the sceme of things ur VAPD is nothing, not marked in the HSC, its only marked by your art teacher in assesments so to get a good mark simple give them what they want... dick heads....

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
All you have to do is chuck samples in of all the materials you used in your BOW so that the teachers that mark can see that you havent been slack lol. Not much has to go in it at all

Take it from someone who got 85 in Art last yr and had shit all in her VAPD
:D :p

winicat

HSC
Mishelli said:
I've got the concept and ideas for my physical BOW all planned its has just been a matter of deciding on and getting the matereals, (so in other words, litteraly nothing that can actually be submitted yet) I should be starting in about a week when my stuff arives.
from what i'm gathering you have basically nothing in your VAPD and haven't started your BOW yet. i know you've still got a lot of time (and i didn't do my stuff til the final holidays) but you could at least have been putting research, ideas, outlines, etc. in your VAPD. you've been in year 12 art quite a while now, what have you been doing in class when it comes to practical lessons?

Mishelli

HSC
Well I've had about 3 ideas that I have fully developd and then chucked out, I've fnally decided to stick to one, thats mainly what Ive been doing in prac lessons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)