Variability in offspring (1 Viewer)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
In the dot point that says "Explain the role of gamete formation and sexual reproduction in variability of offspring" there seems to be a clash of information with different notes.

In which categories (Gamete formation/sexual reproduction) do crossing over, random segregation and independent assortment fall under?

At the moment, the notes that I made I gave a definition of sexual reproduction and gamete formation. The 3 things I mentioned all fall under the sexual reproduction category. For gamete formation I just have "In fertilisation, the male and female haploid gametes combine to form a new diploid cell, many different combinations are possible so this causes variation.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
In the dot point that says "Explain the role of gamete formation and sexual reproduction in variability of offspring" there seems to be a clash of information with different notes.

In which categories (Gamete formation/sexual reproduction) do crossing over, random segregation and independent assortment fall under?

At the moment, the notes that I made I gave a definition of sexual reproduction and gamete formation. The 3 things I mentioned all fall under the sexual reproduction category. For gamete formation I just have "In fertilisation, the male and female haploid gametes combine to form a new diploid cell, many different combinations are possible so this causes variation.
Yes they fall under that, so you have to talk about all of them, they do combine, but how? Obv through random segregation/crossing over etc. these are the catalysts for variation

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Yes they fall under that, so you have to talk about all of them, they do combine, but how? Obv through random segregation/crossing over etc. these are the catalysts for variation
So crossing over, random segregation and independent assortment all fall under sexual reproduction? My bio teacher told me it falls under gamete formation. In the half yearly, I wrote it under as sexual reproduction. I need a textbook to argue with him but they don't say much about it.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
So crossing over, random segregation and independent assortment all fall under sexual reproduction? My bio teacher told me it falls under gamete formation. In the half yearly, I wrote it under as sexual reproduction. I need a textbook to argue with him but they don't say much about it.
It falls under gamete formation, I didn't mention sexual reproduction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)