• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

VCA vs Faculty of Music - Uni Melb (1 Viewer)

smartrosa

HSC
Hi,
im have a really hard time deciding which music course i should do next year should, best case senario, i get into both the Bachelor of Music (New Generation) or the Bachelor of Music Performance (VCA)
Im a horn player and i go to the con high, so being surrounded by the conservatorium, i have grown to know and love that sort of small, creative, musical environment, which is why i would love that sort of environment the VCA offers, but i am also really really interested in the whole breadth studies thing in the New Gen BMus course, and heaps of people have told me its great for study of such an uncertain profression to have that access to studying extra subjects outside the music course, and as i love languages, i would do that.

BUT i also love performing more that doing boooooring musicology etc... of which there is MORE of in the BMus new gen course.
I have no idea what to do, but i would just imagine that the music course at the VCA would be better, just like the Music at the Conservatorium in Sydney was always better than music at Sydney Uni, coz they are joint like VCA and Melb Uni.

Usually with music they always say its all about the teacher, but i would get the teacher i want either place, iv already had lessons, hes good friends with my current teacher etc...

BUT WHICH COURSE DO I DO!!!!!!!!! Maybe i coudl just do the BMus Perf course and do like a concurrent diploma of langauges or something... hmmm.....

The most annoying thing is that the faculties are joining for one degree in 2010, which would be PERFECT for me, studying at the uni and VCA and being able to do breath studies....!!! But its one year too late (and its too hard to defer with performance degrees)

Sorry, i talk alot

advice anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)