• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Very unsure about how to do this assignment. (1 Viewer)

sarah__archer

HSC
Hi guys, I have an assignment due soon and I'm really not sure how to do it!

I need to select a community organisation that caters to the needs of:
1. the disabled
2: the aged

For the disabled I've chosen Guide Dogs, but I'm not sure what to do for the aged.

I need to:
Analyse:
the accessability and purpose of the organisation
how the organisation enhances the wellbeing of the disabled or aged
the contribution the organisation makes to the building of positive realtionships between the disabled/aged and their families and communities

Critically analyse the role of the organisation in promoting independence and a better quality of life

Present the information in the form of an information pamphlet that would be useful resource for individuals in need

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as well as any further explaining of what I have to do.

Kat92

HSC
You could have a look at places like nursing homes such as Ben Home | Maitland Benevolent Society.

the accessability and purpose of the organisation-- How is that these groups gain help from the services are there factors which limit their selection of the resource e.g. age, gender, social status (use your syllabus to help with that) Purpose of organisation should be easy to find off the organisations website --it is like a mission statement goal that they endeavour to carry out.

how the organisation enhances the wellbeing of the disabled or aged--- are they helping to address physical, emotional, spiritual, mental needs etc through its programs/support.

the contribution the organisation makes to the building of positive realtionships between the disabled/aged and their families and communities--- Programs in place that allow for the families to connect and develop high levels of social interaction self-esteem.

Critically analyse the role of the organisation in promoting independence and a better quality of life--- do they allow the inidivuals to have freedom and a sustainable life e.g. nutirtional meals, comfort and safety.

PS> Look at your syllabus to help you come up with the key dot points that you need to research. Good luck with, it is a fun activity as I remember doing something similar when I completed CAFS last year. :) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)