• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Vet Sci (1 Viewer)

Lisa 2510

HSC
hey

im trying to get into vet sci this year. Im in yr 12 and im applying to vet sci at csu in case i dont get the 98.2 to get into syd, and besides im a country bumpkin and would prefer not to spend 5 years in sydney...anyway, i would appreciate any advice from current csu vet sci students regarding how to pass the questionaire and interview.

thnx heaps

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Although you wont make the Sydney cut, im sure theres no harm in trying your best :) There is the full-fee option ($30k p/y) which is asking alot, but alot of students say that its all worth it in the end. EAS scheme may help you get in as well, because it helped me a hell of a lot, you can also try to transfer in from another course. The five years in sydney do not fully invovle you being in sydney alone. You are offered clinical rotations where you can choose where you go and half of 4th and 5th year you spend time on the sydney uni farms at camden anyway. I heard that CSU Vet is not yet accredited in NSW (its own state!) or Australia and they will not know until this years first years are in third year. In other words, they are not allowed to formally practice as vets until they get this accreditation, which is a very large gamble, but im sure they will get it. Sydney Vet is accredited for the UK, so when we graduate we are able to work in the UK without any external/extra examinations/placements. The CSU one has a rural focus and considered applying for it but i got the impression you had to have heaps of farm experience (ie lived on it) to even be considered, which was difficult for me because i live in the city.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)