Veterinary Science (1 Viewer)

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Ok, I need a show of hands here. Who's interest in VetSci at the one and only Usyd?

Because there's only 70 HECS places of which only 45 are available to us school leavers!!! Then there's like 25 or something full fee entry places, (which will probably increase...bastard government...)

So I need to know of the nature of my competition, bearing in mind you're kinda dreaming for a lost cause if you can't get above 98 (for HECS) or 95 (for fee)...

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Hmm, no replies. This tells me 1 of 2 possible things:
- Not many are applying (or at least from this place...)

OR

- Everyone is studying quite appropriately for the UAI required, which is what I should be doing.

Which reminds me... :-O

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
lol .. vetinary science sounds like low employment after u graduate.. what are u going to after? like open a vet's practice?

hmm what about animal science.. have u thought about that? thats only... 93 or 90? i cant remeber...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
no, no i am not applying! theres one person your not competing with!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Well I'm competing for one of those other 25 HECS places for people not going directly from year 12 (I'm trying to transfer from Animal Science) I missed out on Vet last year by 0.05, so I am suitable bitter and twisted.
I would say most of your competition would be nerdy selective school kids (no offence guys) who dont really want to be doing vet and whom I could never see sticking their arms up a cows bum but only do vet because of the high UAI or because they couldnt get in to medicine.
thats my two cents. Hey, u never know, we could both be first year vetters next year. I wish they did interviews, then they could see how much I really want to be there and how some other people really dont deserve to be there.... grrr.....continues whinging to self....

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
btw kimmeh - theres plenty of work for vets - but not if u want to live in the city, the country is begging for them, and, when u qualify at Syd, U R registered in the UK too, and they love Aussies coz we're hard workers - lots of work to be found!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)