• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Vice Chancellor's Outstanding Achievement Scholarship (1 Viewer)

anananas

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew someone who's gotten the Vice Chancellor's Outstanding Achievement scholarship and what kind of credentials they had in order to get it. I'm being dumb and trying to ascertain my chances of getting it even though worrying about it does nothing to help :))) Or maybe you can tell me what you think my chances are, here's a brief run-down: 2014 ATAR 99.90, dux of school, debating captain and adjudicator, premiers award in Ukrainian, I do tutoring, have won a few essay/writing comps, have written guides in VCE history for a tutoring company, published freelance writing, won a state-wide essay comp, currently teach English in Spain, have some volunteering exp w Oxfam retail and cultural involvement stuff plus airforce cadets for short time and scouts. So idk, I mean I have some ok stuff but I'd just like to hear from someone who knows what the standard is. The fact that only 5 a year are awarded freaks me out ahh. Any responses are much appreciated, thanks in advance!!

I'm applying for BCom social and political sciences/Law btw if that's relevant

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

humanitieslover

HSC
Hey :)

I was a recipient of the scholarship and studied Communications/Law! I would say your chances are pretty amazing :) I had nowhere near the amount of extra curricular activities. I received an ATAR of 99.60 and had mainly school extracurriculars (involvement in clubs, peer mentoring, Vice House Captain, things like that).

If I remember correctly, they give weighting to different aspects so for example, they may take ATAR into more consideration over extra curriculars. Also, the application I'm sure plays a role. Just make sure you express really why you want the scholarship, and what you plan to do in your degree/how you'll contribute to UTS. Good luck- you're definitely a very strong candidate :D

anananas

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your reply humanitieslover, and congrats on getting the scholarship! I'll definitely focus on putting together a good application, and then it's just fingers and toes crossed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)