• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

visual arts extension :( (2 Viewers)

stagvampire

HSC
man if music and dance get extensions surely my good bro visual arts could get extension... anyone else in VA got an opinion on this?

my VA teacher says there used to be VA extension years and years ago, but like come on bro I could drop another subject if I had four extension subjects...

stagvampire

HSC
A visual arts extension would totally pique my interest! Although I probably wouldn't take it for a couple of personal reasons
I wonder how much visual arts could really be expanded upon as a course, though? I feel like we get a lot of creative liberty as is
honestly that's a good point... I feel like it could further combine theory and prac through like one major work/case study that focuses on an art movement, an artist, a concept, etc... obv you'd have a year so it'd be a lotttt more in depth than the pre-existing va course, but like you'd have to give a critical response through art to the chosen subject? like historical context, significance, etc... I'm not sure how feasible that is though... I'm not too familiar with how NESA plans their syllabus content and keeps it balanced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)