• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Viva Voce (1 Viewer)

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
well mine is tomorrow. I'll um too much and faint at the end, but other than that I'll be fine.
One of the other girls told me to take a really really really deep breath if I feel like I'm gonna fall over. So I'm going to try that. And teacher advised me to keep the natural dialogue going, try to dominate but not so that nobody else gets a word in edgewise.
Anyone got any more last minute tips (or just tips in general for those who haven't had it yet)?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'd probably look at all the past questions on this site and stuff, and make some brief answers to them and so that you don't suddenly lose your train of thought and forget what you want to say while being interviewed, which could happen if you get overly nervous. Goodluck with your viva:)

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
Mine's tomorrow too. I'm actually looking forward to it, eep. I've written down answers to questions I could be asked, and they are all detailed. and to think, 1 month ago I thought I was doomed. I actually made a visual representation of my main character today, and I love it. I think that's why I'm excited - I can't wait to show it off hehe. I plan on putting it on my wall as inspiration.

In conclusion, I rule :p

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
soooo Cherryblossom and Jayphen...

how did u guys go?

hope u went well... or more specifically excellent...

monique66

mine's on monday *doomsday* hehe...i think i'll put a lil powerpoint together. :rolleyes:

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
My Viva was the funnest assessment I ever did. I mean you get marked on talking about your major work. I wrote all these notes but I didn't even look at them once. I wish we had another one..uggh we have our report soon *freakout*

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Jayphen said:
Mine's tomorrow too. I'm actually looking forward to it, eep. I've written down answers to questions I could be asked, and they are all detailed. and to think, 1 month ago I thought I was doomed. I actually made a visual representation of my main character today, and I love it. I think that's why I'm excited - I can't wait to show it off hehe. I plan on putting it on my wall as inspiration.

In conclusion, I rule :p
no no no, I rule. :p
I went crap.
everyone go to Justin's thread, it's got heaps of tips and things. mod, if you're reading this could you merge the threads?

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
physician said:
soooo Cherryblossom and Jayphen...

how did u guys go?

hope u went well... or more specifically excellent...
I did better than I anticipated actually (which is how it always turns out) .. didn't have any problems answering the questions I was asked, and was told by my friends that were watching that I sounded pretty convincing.. which is always good. heh. glad this week's over! viva, english, maths, and history! eep!

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Viva's are sooooo damn fun. I wish we could have one every week.
I got full marks =)

OutOfOrder

HSC
Had my viva today. was pretty cool, only like 5 questions, went for about 10 minutes, just me and my ext 2 teacher.
think i did pretty well.
hope i did.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
OutOfOrder said:
Had my viva today. was pretty cool, only like 5 questions, went for about 10 minutes, just me and my ext 2 teacher.
think i did pretty well.
hope i did.
your TEACHER was on the panel!!!!? I got told that's not allowed :S

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
I'm not sure how stringent the regulations are, my viva voce was also an interview conducted solely by my teacher

monique66

all mine are double marked with my teacher and usually/sometimes the head teacher

illodous

Angels...
HSC
I found that I wasn't really nervous during my Viva Voce... I had a panel of three English teachers from the department, including my EE2 teacher. Each put down what marks they thought I should get for each section and discussed... like HSC style, if they were far too different, they would talk about the discrepency.

Anyway, I nearly died when I heard mine was 20 minutes, but I realised that I had more time to stop and actually think than the Advanced Viva. My EE2 even commented on that; she could see I had really impromptu thought about the way I would phrase what I was going to say.

I'm sure you guys will all do fine... I found 20 minutes too little for me :)

J

jhakka

cherryblossom said:
no no no, I rule. :p
I went crap.
everyone go to Justin's thread, it's got heaps of tips and things. mod, if you're reading this could you merge the threads?
My post on the Viva Voce can be found here:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=51544

I would appreciate technical/assignment Q/A being posted in there, while the "Mine is tomorrow" "I had so much fun" "I got 19/20" or whatever conversaton staying here. That way any members who want the info don't have to wade through the idle conversation for information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)