Want to do nursing (1 Viewer)

hensley1410

HSC
Hi so i didnt get the atar for bach of nursing (advanced studies) at usyd so im thinking of studying liberal arts and science degree then transferring. Is anyone able to give me some advice on this pathway? Thanks!!

iknowimgoingtofail

HSC
Uni Grad
Do a degree that you're most interested in or really like.
I'm not sure about USYD but if you want to transfer, make sure that the course and majors aligns with the nursing degree and you're getting High distinctions in case.

However, do a lot of research and speak to current and former students from USYD too about this. Good luck!

EDIT: If you still want to do nursing but have doubts about the liberal arts/science degree, you could join the University of Notre Dame's nursing degree and then transfer for your second year. Notre Dame doesn't require the ATAR, only your HSC marks.

Last edited:

heyheyhey3

HSC
If u really want to do nursing I think a better idea is to do nursing at another uni, and then transfer to usyd after first year. You should be able to transfer most of the credits over and you don't have to do new subjects the next year. And you won't have extra HECs debt.

If ur not sure about nursing, I encourage you do apply for liberal studies and science.

Both these methods will allow you to transfer to the course that you want to get in, granted that your marks are good. About somewhere about early 70s to 75 is usually good enough , higher would give u greater competitive edge. (Make sure to read the requirements by the uni).

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)